Finaly got my first Bow Buck!

lon0121

its not very big only a 4 point fork buck but its my trophy! went out yesterday evening and sat all day! watched him run into the tall grass at about noon and went to get some food at the house! went back out 2 hours later and right at dusk 4:45 pm he snuck in behind me 20 yards from my tree stand. he made a B line to my bait pile and started eating broadside, when he finally turned his head away from me i put the pin right behind the shoulder and let go! i heard the THWACK and he bolted and i heard him crash 7 seconds later! i forgot to aim low because of the downward arrow flight compensation so my shot was perty high. i backed out for an hour and got the wife and we were tracking spotty blood for 60 yards before we found him piled up, i was shooting steel force venom steel broad heads 125 grain, 55# pse fitz/nova bow, boy i couldnt be happier.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9146/110910180.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7329/110910187.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4172/110910191.jpg

Last edited:
That's great !!
thumbup.gif

Way to go !
thumbup.gif

Your season is coming around nicely.
thumbup.gif

thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

thanks guys! he isnt the biggest but he was a great first buck with my bow! i just love the feeling of getting a nice animal with a bow! it realy is an addiction!

Well done, thanks for sharing. My first bow buck was smaller than yours and like you, he was a trophy to me.
I bet you were pumped. Would have like to have been there.

Lon

I just saw this post, and it brought a smile to
My face. Good job I know how hard you worked for it. Welcome to the addiction.

Mark2

thanks guys,
Zack and mark2 thanks for bearing with me throughout the last couple months with the questions and such, i appreciate the tips your experience has lent me. after losing a deer earlier in the season this is a great make up for it, he isnt the biggest but it was just as hard and rewarding in my eyes. he will hang proudly on my wall!

im already wanting to bring my bow out instead of a gun!

Originally Posted By: lon0121thanks guys,
Zack and mark2 thanks for bearing with me throughout the last couple months with the questions and such, i appreciate the tips your experience has lent me. after losing a deer earlier in the season this is a great make up for it, he isnt the biggest but it was just as hard and rewarding in my eyes. he will hang proudly on my wall!

im already wanting to bring my bow out instead of a gun!

No problem Lonnie if you ever have any more questions or anything feel free to ask and ill try my best to answer. Congrats again man! Backstraps on the grill!

Originally Posted By: Mark2Did you shoot it from the same stand you have been using.

Mark2

yes sir, i missed a doe this morning with my 30 06 lol opening day of gun today! i still got 9 days, then im gonna grab my bow again! i dont think the rut is in full swing here yet?

Back