Custom actions for a bolt gun build?

Jeff ,What are you up too now ???
sneaky2.gif

I'm gonna have to talk to Deb. Your allowence is too big .
lol.gif

Here's an article on 6mmBR that covers most of the custom actions being used these days. I lean toward Stiller and Surgeon because the price isn't as steep as something like Bat, which is top of the line. I'm a Remington guy too and I like the simplicity of a custom that's a 700 drop-in.

Custom Actions

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeJeff ,What are you up too now ???
sneaky2.gif

lol.gif

Just ponderin'.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: DustykicksHere's an article on 6mmBR that covers most of the custom actions being used these days. I lean toward Stiller and Surgeon because the price isn't as steep as something like Bat, which is top of the line. I'm a Remington guy too and I like the simplicity of a custom that's a 700 drop-in.

Custom Actions

Thanks!
Looks like lots of good stuff there!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeJeff ,What are you up too now ???
sneaky2.gif

lol.gif

Just ponderin'.
laugh.gif

Ponderin' = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
lol.gif

I just built a 260 Rem on a Lawton 7000 action. It is still at Kampfeld's waiting for Karl to install a rail on it for a custom made F-class type bipod.

Can't comment on it's performance yet, as it remains unfired.......

Thanks everybody for the info!

The customs are a lot of $$ for sure, and I noticed some of them have a 6 month wait.
I don't know if I have the patience to order all that stuff and then wait for all of the stuff to be delivered, and then wait for the smith to do their part.

Originally Posted By: fw707Thanks everybody for the info!

The customs are a lot of $$ for sure, and I noticed some of them have a 6 month wait.
I don't know if I have the patience to order all that stuff and then wait for all of the stuff to be delivered, and then wait for the smith to do their part.

Yeah cause with a good smith the wait time will probably be around a year after they gett all the parts. And when I want it, I want it now! LOL!

Lots of actions out there, just depends on what you want to spend and it's applications. All my customs have blueprinted Remingtons.

What exactly is "blueprinting" a Remington action?
Who does it, and how much does it cost?

Seems like if it's very expensive you'd have as much in the blueprinted action as some of the lower end customs.

I just bought a Stiller action for my Fireball build and it is real sweet.They build stainless actions also.They are made in Texas.

I tried to buy a donor gun for the action and by the time you have everything machined and such on a used action you can buy one of the Stiller's.

bolt.jpg

Last edited:
Stiller is a great action for a custom build and one of the most affordable too. As someone already stated, after you buy a donor action and have all the work done to it, it just makes more sense to get a custom if you want a Remington drop in type action for your build.
There will be a long wait though, no matter whose action you choose as a rule, unless you are luck enough to find someone that already has one in stock somewhere.

Originally Posted By: CurlywoodsThere will be a long wait though, no matter whose action you choose as a rule, unless you are luck enough to find someone that already has one in stock somewhere.

I was able to walk in and buy mine right off the shelf of a local gun wholesaler.

Back