hot rods anyone?

getfoxy

MY 96 GT.. Hurst Short throw shifter, bbk cold air intake, flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, 4:10 gears..not a drag car but for a daily driver she runs alrite

[img:center]
602.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jumprightinitMore of a 'cold rod', it still has the original 265 cubic inch V8. A little over 5000 of the 1955's were made.

8-15-06032.jpg

Grizz likes this one! Freaking nice.

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitMore of a 'cold rod', it still has the original 265 cubic inch V8. A little over 5000 of the 1955's were made.

8-15-06032.jpg

I can't really tell from the angle...
Is that a Cameo [sp], or is it just a basic Fleetside?
I have admit that I don't think I've ever seen a 2nd Series '55...or a '56 for that matter...that wasn't a Stepside.
Very intriguing!!
{I was always more into the '47-1st Series '55, or the '60-'66 model Chevys.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyMY 96 GT.. Hurst Short throw shifter, bbk cold air intake, flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, 4:10 gears..not a drag car but for a daily driver she runs alrite

602.jpg
[/img]

That's not a Hot Rod...that's a modern Muscle Car.

Now here's a Hot Rod vvvvvvvv
grin.gif

canislatrans54Leadsled2009035.jpg

It's my hot rod. You just wait till I get the 347 stroker motor for her finished, then she will be a true hot rod

Last edited:
I understand.
Just givin' ya a bad time.LOL
At least you have a hot rod.
Mine {although never even close to being finished}, went down the road several years ago.
Man, I wish I could have kept it & finished it.

Originally Posted By: canislatrans54Originally Posted By: jumprightinitMore of a 'cold rod', it still has the original 265 cubic inch V8. A little over 5000 of the 1955's were made.

8-15-06032.jpg

I can't really tell from the angle...
Is that a Cameo [sp], or is it just a basic Fleetside?
I have admit that I don't think I've ever seen a 2nd Series '55...or a '56 for that matter...that wasn't a Stepside.
Very intriguing!!
{I was always more into the '47-1st Series '55, or the '60-'66 model Chevys.

Yeah it's a Cameo. My Uncle bought it new, I bought it form him in '65. If I remember right Chevrolet didn't make a Fleetside until '58, but I could be off on that.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyYea some of those diesels can move, crazy

yeah it is addicting. Only got mine down to a 14.7 nut i have seen some sick stuff

My contribution to the thread. My ol' mans yellow 58, and my red 59 Chev. Built 327 11.5 to 1 compression forged pistons, balanced, 750 Holley. CenterForce clutch with Richmond 6-speed manual OD tranny. Idles @1300rpm! Runs low 13's in the quarter mile. On pump gas!!! Hauls AZZ!!
IMG_0024-1.jpg
[/img]

Though not really hot rods, here are my toys.

The first is a 1969 Shelby GT 350 Mustang. It was repainted its original Pastel Grey color in the early 80's. The drivetrain is the original Shelby American modified 351 Windsor engine, and 4 speed trans.

Our69GT350.jpg

The next is a 1996 SVT Cobra Convertible. It is all factory original, other than the addition of a K&N air filter assembley. It has 16,000 original mile on it, and has never seen snow. We use it as a weekend car on nice days. Like tomorrow..
smile.gif

cobra.jpg

Unlike Indiana Jones, I LIKE SNAKES..

Coyote 6974

Last edited:
I took delivery of a Shelby Cobra a week ago.
I am impressed by the computer that controls everything.
550 HP is well controlled by the computer.

It is a whole different world than it was back in the 60s.

Jack

I don't know if you'd call it a hot rod by I have a '93 ranger daily that's my project vehicle.

It's a short bed standard cab '93 ranger 2wd 5sp 2.3l
I've done mostly maintenance to get it safe and driveable but have also put on a set of '09 mustang bullits with 1.5" spacers that corrects the backspace. I've lowered it 2/4 but will be bringing the rear back up an inch. I've got a rear disc brake setup from a 95 mustang that will be converting the rears to discs and will be using 12" explorer sport trac rotors with '95 ranger dual piston calipers up front.

It's still got a bunch of maintenance left but in the end it will have either the 2.3l Mitsubishi turbo diesel that came in the 86-88 rangers or a newer variant of one of the smaller diesels either the 1.9l VW tdi or the 2.8l VM motori jeep liberty diesel. I also like the Mercedes 2.9l inline 5 but the electronics will probably rule that one out. I will probably convert to automatic at that time as well.

I can post pictures if you'd like to see it. Not much to look at yet but it's a fun little truck.

Coyote I really like that cobra. There's a mechanic that lives about 5 miles from me a d he showed me his collection of mustangs once, you're gonna think I'm bsing you when I tell you this. Here it goes. 3 289 coupes, gt 350, 71 boss 351 (only year they made those), and a 69 gt500 with 428 or 429 cj I forget which but either way he is sitting on a pile of monry. Last year he had two boss 429s. Sold both. I have pics if I could find them

jumprightinit,
Come to think of it, I believe you're correct. I don't think they made a true Fleetside until '58.
The Cameos were from '55-'57.
Not sure why I didn't remember that before. Duh!

Originally Posted By: WiseOldYoteMy contribution to the thread. My ol' mans yellow 58, and my red 59 Chev. Built 327 11.5 to 1 compression forged pistons, balanced, 750 Holley. CenterForce clutch with Richmond 6-speed manual OD tranny. Idles @1300rpm! Runs low 13's in the quarter mile. On pump gas!!! Hauls AZZ!!
IMG_0024-1.jpg
[/img]

Two great looking trucks!!
whistle.gif
whistle.gif

I've always been a sucker for flatbeds, too!
cool.gif

I noticed you're truck is a Custom Cab, but not your Dad's. Good for you!!
wink.gif

Back