Military Action in Iraq depends on possible politics

KyCoyoteHunter

Bush claimed in the first and last debate that Kerry uses politics to undermine the war effort in Iraq. Stating that he blows in the wind on issues to advance himself politically.

Well then why if its not the right thing to do is all out military action not taking place in key Iraq cities now? Because the Bush administration wants to avoid any more negative scenes of American causalities until afar the campaign.

If its what needs to be done DO IT, it should not be a matter how voters will perceive its possible results.

Now who uses politics to influence their decisions!!

Read this story!!!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st...afterusvote&e=4

AMERICAN casualties? Now that is a pretty silly thing to say. It isn't the safety of American soldiers that is holding our military back. It is the safety of so called innocent citizens of Iraq, and our concerns about upsetting the entire Muslim world that is holding our troops back right now. We already know that an insurgency lasts from 12 to 32 years, so hopes of our troops coming home right away and everything will be hunky dory is only wishful thinking. We know that President Bush will do the right thing when the chips are down. The only thing we know about Kerry is that he is a Liberal whack job who will do or say absolutely anything to win votes. Just last night I saw Kerry on TV, and he was blaming President Bush for that flu vaccine that got contaminated, and caused a shortage of the flu shots here in America. Kerry talks big right now, but his own record shows a mighty weak history for a fellow who talks such strong talk. George Bush is getting my vote.

Ky, have you ever done anything to serve your country? No opening your cakehole to spew whatever Party mantra is en vogue this week does not count. Three years ago we were attacked (again) on our soil. Rather than sit on his thumbs G.W. is doing something to protect all of us. What did Bill do? Sent troops to Bosnia, don't pull the "to stop genocide card" it won't work because he ignored the larger genocide in Rwanda. This should have been done in '93 after the first attack on the World Trade Center. Terrorism does not abide by borders, treaties, or the Geneva Convention. It is simple to understand and yet so many have a hard time comprehending. You CANNOT ignore the threat. Pacifism only gets your arse kicked sooner or later. Sometimes you have to take a stand and do what needs to be done. What does it matter if the intelligence concerning Iraq was wrong, the invasion still needed to happen. Saddam had WMD's, they are most likely in Syria now, my proof is the fact he used them on his own people. Would he sell them to a terrorist to use? In my opinion most definitely. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

please refer to the subject of this post.

it is not about wether or not we should have went to war. I think everyone knows my opinion that it was uneccesary to go there along with the MAJORITY of the rest of Americans.

But now we are there we should do everything possible to end the war as quickly and efficiently as possible.

the "getter done" attitude sets second in importance to Bush in a bid to win re-eletion. This choice to wait till after Nov 2 directly demonstrates this FACT.

Remember what Bush said doing whats right shouldnt matter even if some disagree. NOW who is flip flopping

A report that has no named sources, not one person willing to be quoted on the record, is not a report. It's gossip.

Is it accurate? Who knows? It says "anonymous" and "un-named" sources within the administration said various things. It has less credibility than one of my farts. At least those can be witnessed by others.

We're having more impact with our airstrikes than we had expected, said a senior Defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity. "We see no need to rush headlong with hundreds of tanks into Fallouja right now."

Because U.S. commanders no longer have carte blanche to run military operations inside Iraq, they must seek approval from interim Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi...
-------------------------------------------------

Weapons handover begins in Sadr City

Perhaps this change of stratagy, a stratagy that is set by the generals on the ground, is in response to the growning numbers of casualties. Casualties are not political objects as the Kerry camp seems to think, Casualties are dead soldiers. Decreasing dead soldiers is a good idea where it is an option... if air strikes and amnestys will work then why walk soldiers into their deaths?

This is exactly the double EDGED sword that critics slammed Kerry with after the debate, if Bush admits a mistake he's a "FAILURE" if he denies a mistake he's "ARROGANT"... it is just common sense. Changing the game plan of a war not breaking news, changing the game plan during an election year will be in the propaganda machine for months. Funny how Kerry hasn't even picked up on this... he's still sticking with his "More of the Same" comments.

Oh, and, since these decisions are being made by Iyad Allawi first then Generals on the ground second isn't it just fitting that Kerry gets a little payback where its due? He humiliated Allawi when he came over here last month and has abondoned, chastised, protested, testified against and filed lawsuits against american soldiers over the past 30 years. If it were all political, I'd be smiling even bigger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And as Stu explained about the MAJOR credibility gap involved in this story, anytime an article is written with such strong political leaning (Liberal in this case) it raises the level of conspiracy theories as well. If Dan Rather even had to dabble with unfounded material in an attempt to damage Bush just how far would some small town columnist go while looking for his "big break"????

it is not about wether or not we should have went to war. I think everyone knows my opinion that it was uneccesary to go there along with the MAJORITY of the rest of Americans.

I guess old KY forgot about 9/11 already. I will not forget, and I don't think that the majority of American people will ever forget either.

Thanks for reminding me of that Rich, the MAJORITY KY speaks of may have been last weeks polls... may have been this weeks polls... it sure wasn't the polls taken when the decisions were about to be made, when they were made or the first 6 months AFTER they were made. Hindsight is 20/20 and if you, KY, want to claim to be some sort of prophet that knew it was "the wrong war - wrong time" from the get-go then I think we're all interested in hearing that explination. John Kerry didn't think so, nor did John Edwards.

The poll you reference changes weekly, depending on the news broadcast and casualty count... they change with the six o'clock wind like a Kerry platform.

.... Six O'clock Wind .....

Wow, that is deep. Another great quote I've come up with while enthrawled in debate. I need to start writing these down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I can only remember two right now...
Bi-Polar Politics
Six O'clock Wind

Short list huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There's only one poll that matters. It will take place on november 02 for republicans, november 03 for democrats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

"However I think he has the end result a confused!!"
It is statements like this that make your ploy transparent. Stu wasn't referring to any end result and I'm not sure that would be a complete sentence if you DID add another word. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just make sure you get out to vote in the Democratic Presidential Election on November third KY, we wouldn't want Kerry to miss your vote.

What a great topic, we all read the article and come up with;

We gave sovereiganty back to Iraq. It is more or less their call. We can and will use overwhelming force to protect ourseleves yet will coordinate actions with the Iraqs. It's their politics.

""We made a deal, and that's what you get when you set up an interim government," a senior military official at the Pentagon said. "But the alternative is not recognizing them.""

"Asked for comment, White House spokesman Taylor Gross said, "The commanders in the field will continue to make the decisions regarding military operations, and will continue to assist the Iraqi people in the pursuit of a more peaceful and safer Iraq."

Enough said, end of story.

They've already instituted challengers for the republican party... the democrats have manipulated numbers, voters and results for years and that has been dramatically cut down in the past four years since the challengers have been used.

For instance, one race in Louisville was something like 65/30 DEMOCRAT WIN in one precinct and the SAME race (Same canidates) was run again two years later for congress and with the challengers in place it was 30/65 REPUBLICAN WIN!! They ask people if they are registered and ask for proof and oversee the poll workers... makes a big difference in the "inner-city" I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The anonymous source above claimed " officials say they will not try to retake cities such as Fallouja and Ramadi — where the insurgents' grip is strongest and U.S. military casualties could be the highest — until after Americans vote in what is likely to be an extremely close election."

SOURCE
--------------------------------------------------

THAT was yesterday... THIS IS TODAY. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

------------------------------------------------

SOURCE

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqi security forces, backed by U.S. Marines and troops, launched a series of raids Tuesday on seven mosques in the central city of Ramadi , the U.S. military said.

------------------------------------------------

In other action Tuesday, U.S.-led forces launched airstrikes in Falluja that destroyed a meeting center and safe house used by the Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's network, the U.S. military said.

The military said "successful precision" strikes took place around midnight and 4 a.m. (5 p.m. and 9 p.m. ET Monday)

The first strike destroyed a restaurant and a neighboring building in central Falluja , a witness said.

Hmmm, hope the "Unidentified Source" cashed the check YESTERDAY.

Source

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- U.S. forces continued to pound Falluja early Friday as part of the significant assault on the Sunni Triangle city's terror network run by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi .

The latest airstrikes targeted sites that the U.S. military said are used by senior al-Zarqawi network leaders as planning centers for terrorist operations, the U.S. military said in a news release.

The U.S. military has slammed suspected al-Zarqawi sites almost daily in recent weeks . But Thursday the U.S. forces escalated their operations with a ground and air offensive...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll just cut and paste my reply on another topic directed to Ky.

You know Ramadan is approaching. Maybe that is the reason for the slow down, respect for our new allies religious observations. By the way I'm pretty sure Ramadan was scheduled a long time before the election. Hurry to your Democratic Party Manual Ky, and get us the counter to observance of religious holidays. Thanks and remember puff puff pass is proper happy lettuce etiquette.

By the way how's the weather in Sacramneto Ky?

Back