My first coyote!

mtcurman

I posted this in the youth forum, but I thought I'd also post it here.
smile.gif

I finally got my first coyote!!
Dad and I woke up this morning and decided to go calling. We drove down to a spot we had bird hunted and just looked great for coyotes. We got there and walked over to a steep bank overlooking a big sagebrush flat. I started off doing interrogation howls on my Kerry Carver howler and Primos Lil' Dog, then after a minute or so I started a ki-yi with the Primos. Then I started up cottontail. After we had been set up ten minutes at the most, Dad said there's a coyote! My heart lept to my throat and I saw him coming on in! I raised up my rifle in my shooting sticks, put the crosshairs on his chest and let him have it! He jumped, spun once or twice, then took off running. I shot at him again but he was bookin' it, and I hit just behind him. We were sure though, that he was dead or dying because we didn't see him go up the hill he was headed for. We walked down, and we found him! I was THRILLED!!

5155813684_9d82d6a7d9_z.jpg

We were right behind that cottonwood tree.
5155210793_937ceb2fd8_z.jpg

5155820726_0c5e230a4c_z.jpg

5155214431_5330a888ba_z.jpg

We would've made a few more stands, but when we got back to the truck, I had only one .222 cartridge left! We weighed him when we got home and he was 36 lbs! A big coyote for around here.

Thank you for looking,

Ben

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go buddy , I am very happy for you cant beat that with a stick Nash taking his first buck and now you with your first Coyote. Congrats

Ben , Thats awsome , YOU DID IT !!!!!!!!Beautifull coyote ,
Great job of calling and shooting .
Now keep it up and learn from every stand young man .
Im proud of you . Jerry .

I can't think of a better way to use my first post here on PM so here's congratulations on your first. I can still remember my first 40 years ago, and I hope you're still working on em 40 years from now and can still remember this one. Way to go!

Back