My son got 2 coyotes today, 1 with a rifle & 1 with a shotgun.

derbyacresbob

My son Wes and I went out calling early this morning and Wes got 1 on the first stand. We walked into a spot in some open country, out on a little ridge where we could see pretty good. My Fury had only been playing about 2 minutes when a coyote ran right by us on our right hand side. We were laying prone with our rifles. This coyote ran right over where we had just walked in from, it stopped about 40 yards away and Wes shot it in the ribs with his 6.5 Grendel.
IMG_1832.jpg

Later on in the afternoon the wind had really picked up some speed. We were calling on a ridge top and facing cross wind. We sat down into the edge of a juniper and I started my Prairie Blaster playing Lightning Jack on full volume. The caller hadn't been playing long when I spotted a coyote hard charging in from the right on the down wind side of the caller. I let Wes know that one was coming in and I tried to take some pictures. The Prairie Blaster was only about 15 yards away from us.
IMG_1939-Copy.jpg

IMG_1940-Copy.jpg

IMG_1942-Copy.jpg

The female coyote got straight down wind of my Prairie Blaster and turned to leave as soon as she smelled it. She was only about 15 yards away from us when she turned.
IMG_1943-1.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

Wes hit her solid and the 3" Dead Coyote load did it's job.
IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

Here is Wes with the shotgun coyote.
For as warm and Windy as it was today we were happy to get 2 coyotes. We went down out of the higher country thinking there would be less wind but the wind was much worse. So we just called it a day and headed home.

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As always excellent photos and excellent results. Im thinking you kinda have this Coyote hunting thing figured out LOL. Thank you for another great post . Jerry .

Nice job Bob...I always love seeing the action shots.

Man, everytime I see the size of one of those Prairie Blasters, I think the front should open up and you should be able to pull out a couple of cold brews.

Back