Ran into a Slob Rancher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuBullwhip, I thought I explained things pretty clearly?
Even offered you to come out here and hunt.

You're a better man than I...

Quote:7000 acres My point exactly.
I've posted a couple of timeS in here already, BUT, ARE YOU SERIOUS!???? bullwhip, I don't know you but people like you scare the crap out of me. I'm guessing from your postings that you are that "angry at the world cause you should be making $1,000,000/year and it's not fair that others have more than you guy." Your posts also disturb me because I see a young man in your avatar who I can only assume that you are passing on your screwed up lifeview with. If he is learning from you how GREEDY and UNFAIR everything is cause the people who have worked their azzez off to get what they got just won't share or give it to you so they SUCK is disturbing. I'm assuming you're one of the guys who is always badmouthing pretty much everything and everybody who doesn't share your warped view of life. Yhea, that dirty rotten SOB, HE'S GOT 7000 ACRES and it's off limits to me, SOB!!! Well, screw him right?! I can go on public land and get what I need, well do that and shut your piehole. But you can't because you're one of those people who has to be loud about everything, I see you as the guy at the bar who has his own stool and bit chez about everything, has a negative comment about everything and everybody and has to state it loudly! But hey Brother, you're amongst friends here. You basically call all the ranchers on here jerks and you still got an invitation. You are pathetic my friend. I hear there some job openings in D.C., there is a group of individuals there who I'll bet would hire you in the Dept of Agriculture who would love your way of thinking, let you be in charge of making these greedy bass tardz PAY! Yhea, make em PAY! Perhaps a call south to Hugo Chavez, you and he think a like. You could hook up with Sean Penn, he could show you around down there. You'd be happy I'll bet. I have to stop now before the vein in my eye bursts. Good luck to ya though!

Last edited:
For a guy who put the term "Slob Rancher" in the title of his post you sure are a bit sensitive. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but if you don't want to be labeled a communist don't spout off commy sentiments.

I`m thinking ya know in regards to this thread in general..I feel like I grew up with a less than ideal childhood(father was burried right before I turned 3yrs, had a step dad for awhile)bounced around a bit with different realitives got into some trouble as a teen..etc, etc..but one thing I`m greatfull for is somehow it was instilled in me to have RESPECT for others. To be able to put myself in anothers shoes. dont do to others what I wouldn`t want done to me sorta thing.If I owned or cared for a large amount of property, I wouldnt want a bunch of joballs tearin up my stuff and leavin their garbage behind. Thats the last of my 2 cents.

stanly you are not being nice. I guess I have to think the way you do or your vains will pop out .I thought I had a right to my opinion. but not if you disagree with it. I don't think I am the one that is communist .

Yup, I use to be able to go just about anywhere here to hunt just stop and ask. Not anymore due to slob hunters tearing the farm up. I pay the same taxes as you but I wouldn't wish OUR HIGH TAXES on anybody.

I think duane, stanly and bbar said everything i need to say so i'm going to keep it short. I make my sole living from ranching, i'm here to tell you people that think like you are not good for this country... city plus idiot equals citidiot , not all from the city are this way but we are starting to see more of it everytime we vote. good day

You should take Duane up on that offer i think it would open your eyes,

Tome

Ranchers do pay the same taxes we do. You pay a certain amount for your developed property and a certain amount for your undeveloped property if you have any. You also pay a given rate depending on what district you live in. If you want to go live out in the middle of nowhere, you can pay exactly the same as they do. You probably choose to live in town where things are convenient - and you pay higher property taxes.

That may be the goofiest statement I have ever read.You probably figure you don't need farmers,because of the grocery store.Originally Posted By: bullwhipI would like to see all these ranchers taxs go up so they are paying what I pay per acre.
then they wouldnt have so many acres to hoard.there would be a lot more public land then.

Originally Posted By: bullwhipI just think your tax's should be the same as mine .what is not fare about that.

Well, if our entire ranch was developed with the same amenities per square foot, I guess it would be fair.

On the otherhand, I wish every acre of ranchland would be worth what an acre of developed city would be worth. But, then where would the cattle graze? At the golf course?
cool.gif

Some will just not "get it"....ever.
rolleyes.gif

This is America. When a person puts himself into a position to better his way of life, or own a business, or build an empire, then it comes the hard way, whether from education, or taking the risk, or by busting your butt.

It won't ever come to those that don't pay their dues, and just sit back and pizz & moan about how unfair it is that Michael Dell owns an empire with Dell Computers, and why doesn't our govt. give a slice of that to me? It seems that the democrats got a huge lesson in that very concept just yesterday, if memory serves me right....

In reflection on the original thread topic, I have to say that I have re-thought the way that bend over backwards to be nice to hunters, and help them all I can, even when I see the destruction that is wrought by some of them. I'll continue to do that with those that I know respect the land and act like they may have a vested interest in the direction it takes. But, if I encounter attitudes like some that were displayed here in this thread, I can guarantee you that helping them will be furthest thing from my mind....I mean I already have the reputation, I might as well live up to it, right?
smile.gif

Just to put a positive note on this whole thing. I for one appreciate everything the ranchers and farmers do. You guys make a good chunk of what we have possible. I have a heck of a lot of friends and some family that are farmers and they have always been more then generous with what they have. Heck the farmer up the road gave me permission to hunt his ground and I never met the guy before I stopped in. I gave him a call first, asked his permission and said I would be more then happy to meet with him, I just don't like popping in on people. In the last year I have gotten thousands of acres to hunt from people I never met, I've been told no by one and I 100% understand, no hard feelings. I guess I don't really have a point here just saying what was on my mind. Keep up the good work and I hope your taxes go down.

I would assume that you are talking about property taxes, and that you live in a town or city bullwhip?

What do those property taxes go to pay for? Schools, roads, public water and sewage infrastructure, sidewalks, gutters, storm drains, etc.

How much of that applies to ranches? See any difference?

You get what you pay for, and so does the rancher.

If you want lower taxes, move outside the city where you don't have access to most of those services. Of course you will have to pay to drill and maintain your own water system, your own sewage system, etc, and depending on where you are maybe up to $1000 a pole to hook to electrical power, but go ahead it's your choice. Of course you will have to build and maintain sometimes miles of road in order to get to your house, sometimes only to have that road then be deemed public access, but hey, it's your choice.

It will also be your choice whether and who you will allow to use the land you own.

In fact we (sportsmen/hunters) should for the most part be grateful to the ranchers/timber companies/etc that lease public land for private commercial usage/public access. As NM_HighPlains said, most of the time when someone leases public land they take better care of it than the government would, because it's in their financial best interest to do so. As the lessee, they also are often the ones who pay for and build the roads you use on that land.

There are occasionally some who get a little possessive of the land, but they are few and far between. It's been my experience that it's far more common that if I take the trouble to let a rancher know that I'll be calling "his" public land, he'll also give permission to call his private land.

As to the original post, I wonder how much of the problem originates with the fact that you were hauling 4 wheelers? 4 wheelers pretty much beg the assumption that you will diving off of the roads and two tracks. Especially here out west where grass is scarce and valued highly, that's a HUGE complaint from ranchers.

Bullwhip your a idiot and you proved it yourself. If you don't believe me just look at what happened to your PRESIDENT.

Some places require written permission, my friend will have to pay a fine of maybe 750$ for driving 50yds on private land that used to be an access to an antler shed area. They closed it without a notice. He drove around a couple snow drifts, 20 ft off trail, fed warden fined him and his friend 175$ for that. I thought you had 100yds fo leeway of sorts in WY?

Here in South Dakota the ranchers and farmers are having a good year, locally we have got 20+ inches of moisture. You city folk call it rain.
If you think these ranchers and farmers have it so great come out here and try to grow crops and raise cattle when you only get 5 to 6 inches of moisture a year.
Changes the value of the land when the only thing you can raise on it is DUST, but the county has the tax rate goes up every year .
Makes you real humble real quick

Last edited:
Duane, you got it right, I prefer to trap coyotes on private land. I will probably have to trap blm this trip, not looking forward to that style of trapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back