semi auto 22 hornet?

That's a very interesting question. You would think with all tinkering and innovation in the firearms industry that somebody along the way would have at least given it a try. I for one would take a serious look at such a gun as I really like the .22 Hornet. Dave

Originally Posted By: coloradocatanybody ever make semi auto 22 hornet?

It's totally possible as a one-off custom that someone has, but I assume you mean as a production gun. I've never heard that it was ever a production gun.

Grouse

Lets Start with a Ruger 77/22h magazine. Mix it with a Ruger Police carbine in 9mm and go from there.........

It would be cool beyond cool thats for sure. I think something in 5.7 x 28 would do a good job of mimicking the performance, but then again no one makes one of those either.

The one is a bit off norm for me too. I'm not a die hard black gun guy either but they do shoot and that would be cool with 50 shots and you can use a regular mag to catch the brass as it dumps out the bottom. Better yet if it were a light carbon model.

Overall, I really wish I could justify a .22 Hornet or a .218 Bee. I've been in love with those cartridges ever since reading about them in Field & Stream as a kid. The idea of something that had that little bit more than the .22 I had was just awesome to me.

But I just have never been able to justify it since, like almost everyone else on the shooting planet, I own guns chambered for the .223 cartridge.

I keep thinking one of these days a .218 will fall into my lap and I'll be able to resist no longer. I have to believe that they aren't exactly the fastest moving thigns on the used gun rack.

Grouse

Originally Posted By: The Famous GrouseOverall, I really wish I could justify a .22 Hornet or a .218 Bee. I've been in love with those cartridges ever since reading about them in Field & Stream as a kid. The idea of something that had that little bit more than the .22 I had was just awesome to me.

But I just have never been able to justify it since, like almost everyone else on the shooting planet, I own guns chambered for the .223 cartridge.

I keep thinking one of these days a .218 will fall into my lap and I'll be able to resist no longer. I have to believe that they aren't exactly the fastest moving thigns on the used gun rack.

Grouse
Grouse, you have been a member of this forum for almost a year now and if there is one thing you should have picked up on by now is that "justifying" a certain rifle or caliber purchase is way way overrated. I have a couple of .223's but one of the best purchases I've made lately was acquiring a nice little .22 Hornet. It would be a pretty boring time if all I could shoot was one caliber or gun. Just my 2 cents. Dave

Back