Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1708226 - 11/02/10 03:45 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: RJM Acres]
lanceb Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: N.E. Kansas
Nope no coyotes in KS at all.lol Right now not alot of people calling yet.Alot of the callers on the east side are bowhunting.

#1708304 - 11/02/10 06:15 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: lanceb]
getemclose Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: USA
Yes RJM currently attending college smile

#1708311 - 11/02/10 06:24 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: getemclose]
Orneryolfart357 Offline
PM senior

Loc: Oakley Ca.
Often times a mild answer can turn away rage.. I read that somplace.. grin
Don't forget Proverbs 5:19
War is an Ugly thing! But Feinstien,Hillary, and Pelosi are much UGLIER!

#1708372 - 11/02/10 07:21 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: Orneryolfart357]
KAG Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Kansas
rolleyes Informative stuff

#1708529 - 11/02/10 10:09 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: KAG]
Racer5039 Offline

Loc: SE Minn
I have a funny story about coyotes in eastern Kansas. About 10 yrs ago we where at the race track in Topeka for a National event. We where parked way out at the back end of the track as the place was packed. Friday night it was so dark out, if you stepped out of the motor home you couldn't see your hand. Well anyway, one of the guys stepped out to take a leak,(city boy)it was pretty quiet and the coyotes started howling. He came back in all shook up, wouldn't go back out in the dark the rest of the night for anything. We still kid him about that.
So 10 yrs there was a problem, at least at the track.

#1708946 - 11/03/10 12:45 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: getemclose]
canislatrans54 Offline
Custom Call Maker

Loc: Salina, Kansas
Originally Posted By: getemclose
Kyle I have always wondered why people complain about their state having no coyotes. With excuses such as : To much calling pressure, mange hit to hard, government trappers and arial gunners killing all of them, The list is literally endless.

Then I go to their state and go some scouting of my own and find GOOD calling around ever corner! I have just come to the conclusion people do not put there time in to it at all. They just expect coyotes to be in every nook and crany.

Then after this they expect us ( the people who put there hard earned time in ) to simply tell them were these areas are! LOL..

Actually, when I say "There are no coyotes in Kansas", I'm not making an excuse for not calling any.
I say things like this because I'm a greedy SOB who likes to keep the coyotes in my area to myself. (JK) grin grin grin
And I have called & taken more than my share over the years. cool
For several years, parts of the state actually had lower numbers of coyotes due to a very bad mange problem. And in some areas it's still pretty mangy.
But overall, from what I've noticed, the population started to make a real nice return about 3 Springs ago, at least in the north-central area. cool

As too the original poster in this thread...
Sounds to me like you better get to calling those WIHA tracts, before someone beats you to it! I know there are several predator hunters in the eastern 1/3 of the state...not to mention everywhere else. wink

Edited by canislatrans54 (11/03/10 12:46 PM)
Howlers made from Cow horns, Deer Antler or Elk Antler

#1708981 - 11/03/10 01:52 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: canislatrans54]
KsYotes Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: NE Kansas
Will agree with canislatrans54 on the coyote popluation here this year. Seem to have a good population in the areas I hunt which is a combo of private and public land. The only time I have trouble locating coyotes is after the calling contest in January. Having 150+ hunters hammering the land you hunt doesn't help with what coyotes they don't get. Never have been a fan of the calling contests, but I do only look at it from my side, and they have as much right as I do at the yotes. It does somewhat mess with a sport I really enjoy though. Thankfully it's only for a few days.

#1709036 - 11/03/10 03:25 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: KsYotes]
ksyotecallr Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: central,kansas
Was really hoping that somebody would'nt let the cat out of the bag on this one. Simply put there are no coyotes in KS. HE, HE, HE!!! Actually the numbers seem to be up again this year. As was stated, pockets of mange here and there, but overall they're looking to be in pretty good shape so far.

#1709194 - 11/03/10 06:53 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: KsYotes]
KAG Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KsYotes
Will agree with canislatrans54 on the coyote popluation here this year. Seem to have a good population in the areas I hunt which is a combo of private and public land. The only time I have trouble locating coyotes is after the calling contest in January. Having 150+ hunters hammering the land you hunt doesn't help with what coyotes they don't get. Never have been a fan of the calling contests, but I do only look at it from my side, and they have as much right as I do at the yotes. It does somewhat mess with a sport I really enjoy though. Thankfully it's only for a few days.

.....been an on going debate for a while

Edited by KAG (11/03/10 06:54 PM)

#1709243 - 11/03/10 07:54 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: KAG]
lanceb Offline
Seasoned Member

I took a young gentleman by the name Adam hunting 2 weeks after the contest last year.We went to a spot that he had permission on.The spot that we went i know was hunted hard durring the contest because i know the man that leasses it for deer hunting.Our first stand i called in a cat.The next stand was blank.The third stand in this 2 mile square i called in 5 coyotes from diffrent directions.2 sets of pairs and 1 single.The thing about presured coyotes is you have to use different sounds.That stand took about 40 minutes to develope but when it did it got exciting.Just for the record of the 5 coyotes that came in (very fast )they all left faster.lol The look on Adam and my sons fave were priceless.

#1709270 - 11/03/10 08:20 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: lanceb]
getemclose Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: lanceb
I took a young gentleman by the name Adam hunting 2 weeks after the contest last year.We went to a spot that he had permission on.The spot that we went i know was hunted hard durring the contest because i know the man that leasses it for deer hunting.Our first stand i called in a cat.The next stand was blank.The third stand in this 2 mile square i called in 5 coyotes from diffrent directions.2 sets of pairs and 1 single.The thing about presured coyotes is you have to use different sounds.That stand took about 40 minutes to develope but when it did it got exciting.Just for the record of the 5 coyotes that came in (very fast )they all left faster.lol The look on Adam and my sons fave were priceless.

You my friend got it figured out smile

#1709289 - 11/03/10 08:39 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: getemclose]
lanceb Offline
Seasoned Member

Thank you getem.If i could only shoot as good as my wife i would be set.lol

#1709346 - 11/03/10 09:24 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: lanceb]
ksyotecallr Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: central,kansas
WTG Lance. Done the same thing the following weekend on some of the private ground we called and took coyotes also. Also found that not only using different sounds makes a big difference but also the partner and I calling at the same time makes a bit of a difference too. Hate to think what it sounds like but it will work.

#1785922 - 01/08/11 09:03 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: ksyotecallr]
ksyotehuntr Offline

Loc: South Central, Kansas
I don't know what everyone else thinks and not to put anyone down but I am getting tired of out of state hunters. This means anyone not owning land within the state. I don't go to any other state to get a trophy. We have the best resources here. Last year they sold over 30 some thousand over the counter deer tags to out of staters. I am an avid deer and varmit hunter and it is getting harder to get hunting land because of the leases and how they come in and head hunt whatever walks in front of them. I get people walking in on private land and pushing whatever moves out thinking that they can cause they have a deer tag. Every year I am running someone off! This has to stop. Plus they don't respect the land! Come in and kill and leave. This is just how I feel and needed to vent. LOL Would like for any responses thanks.

#1786049 - 01/08/11 10:01 PM Re: Kansas has a coyote problem! [Re: ksyotehuntr]
Passmore Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: KS
Ksyotehntr good luck with that! I hunt west of Emporia and north of Admire and have people on 3 did cameras and all vehicles parked on bordering grounds were putts state. 1 guy I actually caught up to was from New York, his outfitted pretty much told him go wherever! It sucks but no way around it im afraid. Best of luck
Called-103
Shots-80
Killed-55/46
Sun Devil .204 with 40gr Bergers

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Redfrog 

Forum Stats
48214 Members
83 Forums
287467 Topics
2717701 Posts

Max Online: 3771 @ 02/03/14 09:55 PM
Today's Birthdays
czhunter, Dixiedog, Dogpopper, Fox Sniper, JohnP, mblanton, Navy_Gunner, old gimp, scouteyes, Terry W, W.J. BAKER

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.