I'm back!

mikegranger

Guys, as many of you know, I take a break from PM during the summer months. I'm usually fighting fires all over the west but this summer was spent on the Deep Water Horizons oil spill. I was either in Louisiana or Florida for a eight weeks and was in Montana fighting fires all of August. So, needless to say, I've had one heck of a busy summer.

As you can guess, lots of stuff for me to get done here at the house. Not the least of which is getting the trailer ready for another winter of hunting. Unfortunately, a hail storm hammered it pretty good while I was gone. It trashed the rubber coating on the roof so this past weekend was spent doing roof repairs.

DSC_3765.jpg

Bubba and Dash are driving me nuts. They want to go hunting more than me! Our plan is to make the first excursion around November 7. I'm jacked to say the least.

But, before I go, my lovely wife reminded me about the stack of hardwood flooring sitting in our living room "acclimating"!

No hunting until the floor begins acclimating in place!
blink.gif

Guess what I'm doing over the next few evenings?

DSC_3799.jpg

It will take me awhile to catch up on what's happened in here the past few months but just wanted to let everyone know "I'm Back"!!
thumbup1.gif

Well I am sure that everyone is thinking it so I'll just go ahead and say it....."there goes the neighborhood"....lol.

Welcome back buddy, can't wait to see you and the boys in action again this year.

Maybe Duanne can take a little vacation now...lol.

I have been there and done that with the flooring too, I can feel your knees throbbing from here....it will take a few days to wear off though.

Mike, glad you made it back safely. Like MOFarmBoy said, I am anxiously waiting for the latest or newest (whichever that might be) chapter from you and the dynamic duo.
Hopefully you can make it through the coyote season without losing Bubba or Dash, and without getting stuck. LOL

Glad you're back. Now get that floor done and get out there and get those dogs huntin.

Thanks guys, I'm getting pumped about getting after the coyotes again.

I got a call from our national office yesterday asking if I would go back to the oil spill for one more assignment. Things are wrapping up there and they would like me to come back for another 3-4 week detail! Oh, and the real kicker is they would like for me to leave on November 7!!

Let me tell ya, my sense of duty is being put to the test. November is a fantastic month for killing coyotes and asking me to give it up is asking a lot. But alas, I'm a public servant and to the oil spill I will go!

I'm not going to get any hunting in before leaving as I still have a floor to install. But, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be hunting all of December and January.

So, sad to say, but the Bubba and Dash stories are going to be later in coming than I would have liked.
frown.gif

Well either way Mike, we have been waiting all Summer, a little bit longer won't kill us, too bad. The main thing is that you be carefull and come back safe and sound. Thanks for everything you are doing over there too.

I gotta tell you guys this trip back to the gulf will be one of the hardest assignments I've ever taken. Not the job, but knowing I'm missing out on coyote hunting. I've been so busy this summer that the dogs are fat and I haven't had a chance to run them enough to be in shape. Heck, their pads are even soft! Poor old Bubba knows it's time to go hunting and every time I let him out of the kennel he jumps in the back of the truck. That's dog abuse right there!!!

As for Dash, this will be his second season. I'm anxious to see how he does. He's a smarter and better behaved dog than Bubba but he's yet to show me the drive that Bubba has. Time will tell.

Anyway, I'll be taking my laptop and will be getting online as much as possible. I leave Saturday. You can bet they're be plenty of hunting stories when I get back.

When you get back and look south from the spill site about 17 miles you will see my Platform.
I sure know yall been busy up there, Take care.

Back