CZ 455 22WMR?

bigsky_songdogs

anyone use of hav ethis gun, or the 452? I am thinking of getting one and was wondering on accuracy, handling, function, etc etc. i am growing really fond of CZ's and just asked about a vamint rifle and had good responses so i thought id ask about this one.

Also is the 22 mag a good all around small bore, ive always wanted one and never had or used one, but would use it for called in predators/varmints, foxes, PD'S, grouse, plinking etc. Would you guys recommend a different caliber. i am in no way new to guns, but always like to hear others opinions on these questions and i am very indicisive as well
thanks

I had the 452 for a very short period. Got it for a steal and later resold it for a bit more then what I paid for it.

Its a nice rifle IMO. Feels good in the hands, trigger was excellent, function was flawless, and it was accurate with 2 of the 3 ammo tried, 1/2" groups at 50 yards with the rem and win 40g PSP's, ccis were like shotgun patterns.

22 mag is a good all around cartridge for what you want it for. IT will definately take coyotes and fox if you call them in, and it is dynamite on anything smaller like PDs and grouse and such. Definately head/neck shoot the grouse though, shoot them in the body and you wont have anything left to eat, especially with a hollow point.

I have a 452 Varmint in .22WMR and although accurate, not near in the league as my 453 Varmint in 17HMR.

For what you're using it for, I think you will find better accuracy, effective kill range and better quality ammo to go with the same gun in .17HMR.

For larger animals like a Coyote, the .22 WMR is probably more effective, but everything else I would give the nod to the .17HMR.

Overall however, I don't think you can go wrong with anything CZ. They are well made, well built guns that seem to shoot as accurate as they come out of the box.

Ive never owned a CZ but they look like great little rifles. But I do know alittle about the 22 magnum, and its a great round I think every shooter should have atleast one 22 mag in the gun safe. I look at the 22 magnum as being a rimfire with centerfire power!

I bought a used 452 American 22 mag a couple of years ago. It hasn't had any modifications, that I can tell. It's become my favorite rim-fire rifle. By far the most accurate 22 mag. I've ever owned. It's so good look'n, I've tried to baby it, but I like shooting it so well, it's turned into my truck gun here on the farm. I did buy a nice padded case for it. It's accounted for several coyotes, one bobcat and one grey fox. I can't count the crows and armadillos I've shot with it. We have a huge surplus of armadillos around here and it will reach out and put the touch on them. It likes the CCI 40 gr. hp. bullets the best. It's my first CZ, but I've bought another, a model 85b 9mm pistol, since getting it and will look at others.

I have a 452 American in 22WMR and really like it, I use it as a plinker/varminter and it has served me well, I have a 3X9 Burris on mine in Burris rimfire rings. I have shot Remington Accutips and Winchester HPs in mine with good luck.

The Remington 33gr. V-max or accutips is one [beeep] of a round and work great on armadillos they hit hard and shoot very flat.

Thanks everyone, i originally wanted a 452 but they are switching to the 455 which isn't bad because it is a switch barrel design and they sell a 17hmr barrel for it, not sure if id get one but nice to have the option.

Back