HELP!!!! Rem 700 VSSF II Vs. Howa Axiom .22-250?

No choice here the 700 VSSF II all the way. I had the trigger brought down to 2.5 lbs pull that was the only change. (I have to confess to not shooting a Howa, I have a friend with a Howa and he likes my VSSF II better than his and they are both 22-250's) Good luck an which one you pick, it is the Chevy vs. Ford thing with me.

I am new to coyote hunting .And I would say both of these are fine rifles depending on your game.The longer I hunt coyote the lighter the rifle I like.Although the stability(wobble) of the Axiom stock would concern me if its like my M-4.

I have a vssf in the 22-250 and I put a timney trigger in it and a 6.5X20 leupold on it and it has shot sub .3" groups with Winchester 45 grain factory ammo. So I like mine. I have never shot a Howa so I can't give you a comparison.

I have a Remmy VS SF II in 220 Swift. Awesome rifle that is very accurate with the factory trigger. brought it down to about 3 lbs and breaks real well. Shoots under 1/2" no problem. Very happy with it though it is on the heavy side...

I have had both and shoot a Howa Axiom 22-250 now and love it it is a bit heavy but it is a tack driver for sure
thumbup1.gif
HOW_AxiomCamo.jpg

Remington 700 hands down..but I'm bias- all my guns are remmy's.After 43 years of hunting and NEVER having to send one back for anything - I will keep shooting them.Out of the box - MOA..
Take it and float it- glass it- do a 3 # trigger job..your done ... sub MOA.

Ps you wont need to float or glass the axiom and my trigger was 2.9# I like the axiom, I have a rem also actually a couple, but that axiom is hard to beat if the weight does not bother you.

Back