Remington 700 .257 Weatherby

johnc427

Anyone have any experience with one of these? Looking at the CDL SF and was curious to if it was a shooter or not. Might be my next coyote and deer rifle
thumbup1.gif

It 'could' be a shooter. Do you reload your own ammo? Would this be new or a good price for you used? It sounds newer if that stands for stainless/fluted?

If it was near retail price and I didn't reload my own ammo I'd be inclined to go with a more conventional round, not to say I wouldn't do it if the wind was right though. I did sneak in below the radar a few years ago and pick up a nice 284 Winchester from a local guy,lightly used. I didn't know much about the round but did some quick research and am very happy with it.

i believe that the same gun my buddy has.he had it here and mount a scope on it he shot it,i shot it and my wife shot it.its a shooter for sure.wife shot the best lol
with factory ammo

No expierence with the 700 rifle in 257 Weatherby but the caliber yes.
The caliber is a blast to shoot but if you don't reload it will break you. Even brass is out of sight in this caliber.
I have 40 rounds of brass and it has been reloaded many times.
I really like the caliber, moderate to light recoil, very flat shooting with 117gr bullets, and more accurate than I ever expected.

I have one of the CDL SF's in .257 Weatherby. I moved it to a McMillan stock and added a Jewell trigger. It likes the 100 gr Barnes TSX factory loads. It will shoot 3 into .6" - .7" groups at 100 yards.

I really like the Jewell trigger set at 2.5 pounds and once I used one I wanted more of them. To my knowledge Remington doesn't use Jewell triggers as original equipment in any of their rifles.

Back