The dirty work was Conviently passed down!!

KyCoyoteHunter

Web of Connections Continues To Grow – More Bush Officials Linked To Smear Vets
For Immediate Release

Straight talk from Texas Congressman Silvestre Reyes on Bush’s Smear and distract tactics:

“We need to talk about the real issues that Americans care about like health care, jobs and the price of gas. We know now that the Bush campaign is using this smear to distract us from these issues, and from this administrations' failed policies that have taken our country in the wrong direction. ”

Despite Continued Denials, Another Week of Scrutiny From the Press Has Revealed More Close Ties Between Bush Campaign and White House Officials to the Smear Boat Veterans for Truth.

New Ties Between Bush Officials & Smear Boat Vets Continue to Surface

AP: Another Two Bush Officials Linked to Swift Boat Vets Ads. “Two former Vietnam prisoners of war who appear in ads attacking Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry were appointed by the Bush administration to a panel advising the Department of Veterans Affairs. The former POWs in the ad, Kenneth Cordier and Paul Galanti, serve on the VA's 12-member Former POW Advisory Committee. VA Secretary Anthony Principi appointed Cordier in 2002 and Galanti in 2003. Cordier also was a member of a Bush campaign veterans' committee but quit earlier this month after that role was revealed.” [AP, 9/3/04]

Rove Doing Bush’s Dirty Work

Karl Rove Picking Up Smear Boat Vets Talking Points. “Bush strategist blasts Kerry over anti-war testimony. White House strategist Karl Rove said Wednesday that Sen. John Kerry had tarnished the records of fellow Vietnam veterans with his anti-war protests. Rove created a campaign stir when he told The Associated Press that he didn't appreciate Kerry's congressional testimony 33 years ago, upon his return from the Vietnam War, condemning the actions of some U.S. soldiers. ‘It was a period of intense feeling on both sides for and against the war, but I think that was painting with far too broad a brush to tarnish the records and service of people who were defending our country and fighting communism and doing what they thought was right,’ Rove said during the 30-minute session with AP reporters and editors.” [AP, 9/2/04]

Lies, Resignations and Money Show Clear Links Between Smear Vets and Bush

Bush-Cheney ’04 Lawyer Becomes Second Campaign Official to Resign for Ties to Swift Boat Ads. “Benjamin Ginsberg, a lawyer for the Bush campaign, resigned Wednesday, a day after acknowledging that he had given legal advice to the anti-Kerry group. Ginsberg said he never told the Bush campaign what he discussed with the group or vice versa, and didn't advise the group on ad strategies. The Kerry campaign has filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission accusing the Bush campaign and the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth of illegally coordinating the group's ads.” [AP, 8/25/04]

“Bush Adviser Quits After Appearing in Swift Boat Ad” “A volunteer adviser has quit President Bush's re-election campaign after appearing in a veterans group's television commercial blasting Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's involvement in the Vietnam-era antiwar movement. A Bush campaign statement said it did not know that retired Air Force Col. Ken Cordier had appeared in an ad by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. The Kerry campaign has accused the group of illegally working with the Bush campaign.” [CNN.com; 8/22/04]

AP: Florida Bush Headquarters Busted for Handing Out Swift Boat Material. “A volunteer for John Kerry said Friday he picked up a flier in Bush-Cheney headquarters in Gainesville, Fla., promoting Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a group the Bush campaign has insisted for weeks it has no connection to. The Kerry campaign e-mailed the flier to news organizations Friday, declaring that the Bush-Cheney campaign was ‘busted’ for coordinating ‘in their smear campaign against John Kerry.’ The flier distributed at Alachua County Republican Party headquarters promotes a weekend rally sponsored by ‘Swift Boat Vets for Truth’ and other groups.” [AP, 8/20/04]

New York Times: Bush Family, Bush Political Aide Have Close Ties to These Ads. “In a series of interviews and a review of documents show a web of connections to the Bush family, high-profile Texas political figures and President Bush’s chief political aide, Karl Rove. Records show that the group received the bulk of its initial financing from two men with ties to the president and his family - one a longtime political associate of Mr. Rove's, the other a trustee of the foundation for Mr. Bush's father's presidential library. A Texas publicist who once helped prepare Mr. Bush's father for his debate when he was running for vice president provided them with strategic advice. And the group's television commercial was produced by the same team that made the devastating ad mocking Michael S. Dukakis in an oversized tank helmet when he and Mr. Bush's father faced off in the 1988 presidential election.” [NYT, 8/20/04]

Dallas Morning News: “Veterans' Group Critical of Kerry Backed by Bush Supporter.” Bob Perry, a major supporter of President Bush and the Republican Party, is the biggest financial backer of a veterans group seeking to discredit Democrat John Kerry's military service, according to federal records. Perry, a Houston homebuilder, gave $100,000 to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a group that has been critical of Kerry's anti-war activities after he returned from Vietnam. That accounted for two-thirds of the organization's receipts to date. [DMN, 7/23/04]

So big deal a Bush-backing developer gave 100K to the swift boat vets. That's NOT EVEN a drop in the bucket compared to the MILLIONS that George Soros has pumped into the DEMONcratic party and the various groups that support them.

Away with ye TROLL!

Any crap skerry gets because of his actions over vietnam is well deserved. It's a cloud that will hang over his head for the rest of his life, and should. If he gets in hopefully his 4 years will be tied up in court. Should he be impeached for war crimes he admitted he commited during the war. Sounds like the draft dodger clinton and his white water, monica smear campaign. Would be a interesting 4 years. The relentless pursuit of the truth with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair.

In following suit with some other meaningless, recent K-Y threads,,,
Any String tuggers out there? I shoot an Onida compound, and several recurves. Let's hear from some bow shooters in this thread.

Now you're speakin' my language. I am WAY behind schedule dialing in my new bow for October first! GOD, I just cringed when I typed that because I am SOOOO far from where I need to be before season comes in.

I've killed a few nice whitetails with my Browning Arrowstar but last year I had a real confidence breaker (12 yard miss on a 160" ten pointer) and haven't been able to pick it up since. I went out after season (January) and picked up a new Hoyt Cybertec that is SWEEEET. I dressed it all out with top of the line stuff and put it in the gun cabinet until next season... well guess what... next season is here and it still hasn't flung an arrow.

Actually it has flung about 10 down at the bowshop just to read speeds. Those first arrows set the record for "out of the box speed" at the bow shop, they were amazed. I cranked it down to 70# and shot Gold Tip arrows with 75 Gr. Field points and pushed 320 out of the box! Yeah, thats right 320!! Its only marketed as 320 and thats what it did right off the bat!! I can't wait to get some fletchings on there instead of veins and maybe knock off a little arrow shaft just to see that speed go up.

I don't have a good feel for how smooth or accurate it is but if its anything like all the others I've seen in action this new Hoyt should be a real shooter. Hope it works out and I'll post some pics of my groups and hopefully a good harvest in about a month! : /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I haven't been bowhunting much lately, but this is close. Underwater bowhunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

In case you missed it (I posted this in the Predtaor forum), I have a hunt report from sunday:

Huntin' n Killin' With Stu Goes Down

offshore Panama City, Florida. Scuba diving & spearfishing combined. The quarry: Any legal fish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I dove yesterday with a new dive op. Retired vet Bil Lindstrom and his partner Scott own a nice boat that they've been diving from. Recently they decided to take on some paying customers and got set up to legally function as a commercial charter.

Their boat, the Sanctuary, can handle 6 divers. Bil & Scott are die-hard spearfishermen, to the point where Bil doesn't even hunt on land any more. He hunts underwater year-round.

I and another diver named Dan had the honor of being their first paying clients, as they just got everything set up 2 weeks ago. And we had a blast, great fun!

Our first dive was on the LOSS Pontoon. This was a US Navy op, a large pontoon cylinder that they Navy sank, then used to train salvage crews with for some years. Eventually they tired of sinking and raising it and left it sunk. Some roadway debris was dumped in the area and all this provides structure for the fish.

I hit bottom on the 1st dive, about 65 feet down and loaded my speargun. Looked around and saw a few triggerfish, which are excellent to eat, so I nailed one.

We were hoping for flounder on this trip as they've been bagging some lately, but it turned out they were gone this time. Only one was seen & it was nailed by Scott.

I missed a couple of other shots, and was going around one end of the cylinder when I spotted a fish sitting on the botom. At first I thought it was a scorpionfish but something didn't look right, so I moved in for a better look. It was a very odd looking fish that I had not seen before. It turned out to be a batfish.

BatfishTop.JPG

More can be found on these fish Right Here

When my air got low I started to head for our tie-down line to ascend when a barracuda crossed in front of me. Unfortunately I missed him, so I went on to the line and made a normal ascent to the boat. Scott managed to nail him after my miss, but when he surfaced he didn't have the fish. Instead, he had the remnants of the base of his spearhead on the end of the spear shaft. That 'cuda had managed to break the head in half.

The 2nd dive was on Stage 2. There are two stages, which were also Navy operations. Some sort of platforms where people lived and trained. Eventually, the Navy had no more use for them, so they sent divers in to set charges and blow them up. Now they make great dive sites as they host a wide variety of sea life.

A lot of the structure here consists of sections of pipes. Some things like it inside the pipes, other things just hang around them.

Once again we were looking for flounder so we hit bottom and started hunting. No flounder. Saw lots of fish but nothing I wanted to shoot at. Schools of baitfish, schools of large angel fish, moderate sized fish that I didn't ID. Might have been worth shooting, dunno.

I found a weight from a divers weight belt just lying on the sand, looks like 4 lbs. I put it in a pocket in my BC. Guess someone dropped it overboard.

At one spot I saw something red out in the sand, which surprised me. We were about 55 feet down, and red is a color that disappears pretty shallow without artifical light. I thought mabe it was a shell, or something dropped from above, so I took a closer look. It turned out to be another batfish, only it was a slightly mottled but almost solid red in color, where the 1st one had been a mottled green and brown.

When I got to 1000 lbs of air, I signalled Scott and we turned back towards the tie-down line. As we hunted our way back I saw a pipe section rise up in front of me. As I looked up I saw a nice 'cuda hovering over it and immediately saw Scott moving into position for a shot. I sat back and watched the show. Scott eased in close and made a perfect shot, so 'cuda in tow, we continued on. Didn't get far when he signalled me to look back. I did and another 'cuda was crossing behind me.

I turned and got my gun in position, then slowly approached the fish. I moved in close and got an excellent shot, right behind the eye. But even shot through the head, these fish don't give up easy. Since I was headed up anyway, I decided to just leave him on the spear and deal with him at the boat.

I made a one minute safety stop at 25 feet, during which he kept me busy unwrapping the line to the spear from my fins, legs, knife, etc, as he swam around me. By the time I got to 15 ft for a 3 minute safety stop, he had managed to snare the line on my tank or regulator behind me and I couldn't get it freed.

This was a bit bothersome, as I was now effectively tied to the fish with no way to let go. If a shark decided that was just what he needed for an easy meal, I'd be going for a ride that I really didn't want, and without enough air to last long, either.

That was a pretty long 3 minutes. But I finally ascended to the surface and made my way to the stern, where Bil quickly untangled the snared line and got my fish in the boat, then helped me board.

I didn't measure the fish but he was a solid 3 feet, maybe a bit more. Quite nice for my 1st 'cuda, I'm happy with him. Look forward to trying him on the dinner table soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

When we got back to the marina, a guy Bil knew came over and talked to us for a bit. He'd been out fishing in 95 feet of water and catching flounder, so it seems they had moved off to deeper water. Maybe due to the hurricane moving in, don't really know. Just have to go back and see if they're in again the next time we go out.

And I'll be looking for another barracuda to shoot, because having a fiesty fish that size on the other end of my tackle sure was the highlight of the hunts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This will be my first year bowhunting, using an older Bear whitetailmaster, 60 lb draw 22/16 Eastons. Practicing 2-3 times a week from various distances and from a makeshift stand. I seem to tend and shoot a little low and right sitting elevated, damn it. Probably will go with 3-blade broadheads. Hoping the time, weather is on my side this season. I've taken 80% of my deer in the 20 yard area, so this should be an awsome challenge.

Now this has turned into a great thread as well!
JRB, don't feel alone, I'm way behind with the opener just a few weeks away. Time for some serious overtime arrow launchin.
Stu, I read your post again, and continue to envy your fish huntin, bigtime!
Danurve, Keep zingin those pointy sticks, and you'll have it made. Hard to beat the sweet feeling of a crisp release, and a perfect shot.

Wow Stu, thats pretty awesome!

Here is my last bowkill, mounted on a hand painted indian sculpture. This deer scored around 126" but I'm looking for something 140+ this year with my bow.

9pointer.jpg

This is the Bow that does my dirty work. Hoping to get more bow time in after retirement. Along with a goal of getting my Turkey that is one reason for such a short bow.

PSE

Nice buck. Around here I'm pretty much limited to being a meat hunter.

We're going to try some other recipes on the cuda, but I like it enough that I plan on taking more when I have the opportunity.

The flounder will be spawning soon, so I look for the next couple of dives to be more productive for them. There are other large, predatory fish to hunt, too. Amberjack and others, some big fish. I look forward to having an opportunity on some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I like to eat shark, and shark can be caught on a line here, but not speared. Any sharks we see while diving are just for looking at. I like seeing them, but really when spearfishing am just as pleased not to.

Lets see... there are blood, guts and corpses floating around.

Yeah, sharks wouldn't enthuse me either! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well guys since you must bring up something else.

I shoot the new Mathews Outback, Cooper John sights, whisker biscuit b2 rest and a scot release. Shooting Carbons, Beeman 400 ICS arrows using wolverine aeorhead 57 1/2 grain mechanical broadheads. I really like it so far. Other than having some string stretch issues which is cutting into my top string supressor my Mathews shoots like a dream. Not had it on Crono yet but can tell its smokin fast. If you guys want I can post a pic of the deer I took last year with my old PSE. Season started here on Sept 4 but as of yet no luck!!!

Interesting topics none the less, even if they are a tad bit misplaced. But there is nothing wrong with misplaced as long as you find your way eventually. So cheer up guys there is still hope for you yet!

It's different in other areas, but here the sharks are mostly small. The problem shark is the bull, and he's mostly inshore in shallow water and up the rivers. Swimmers playing in the beach surf are at far greater risk than a spearfisherman 2 miles out in 60 feet of water.

Sharks are opportunistic critters. You shoot a fish, it's like ringing a diner bell, "Hey guys! Free FOOD!!!", but what they want is the fish. They don't care about you at all, they just want an easy meal.

It's better to have your stringer away from you, and definately not tied to you or your gear, once you have any fish on it. That way you won't get bit by accident just for being in the way, and if he takes off with your stringer you won't get towed along. Which is what bothered me at the end with my cuda, in the future I'll have to do a better job of keeping myself facing the fish when he's playing on the line like that.

But if a shark does grab your fish, he has no further interest in you. He has what he wants. Best to just let him have them, you can always shoot more fish & the shark has to eat, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've heard about the Bull sharks, they are the ones that run up the Mississippi River right? I saw a picture of a shark caught out of the river in Cairo Illinois several (20-30-40?) years ago and it was a monster... something like 12-13 feet! Those species that can handle the freshwater like that must love coming up the rivers to catch some of those slow stupid sluggish fish that don't have natural predators.

Yes, they can live in fresh water. A typical adult bull is maybe 7 feet long and 200 lbs. About my size.

They are responsible for the vast majority of shark bites on humans, commonly occuring in low light/murky water conditions. They're a fairly agressive predator, and thinking on this is that the flash of pale hands under these conditions must look like fish bellies, so they strike.

They're very common in the Gulf coastal waters of FL and AL, and are why FL has been the leading state for shark bites on humans for quite a few years now.

them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him; he ain't wrong, he's just different but his pride won't let him do the things that make you think he's right Willie & Waylon

yup thats it one of those BUll headed sharks!! i HAVE experienced those also

Back