.220 Swift Brass

TimberDawwg

I've been looking around for .220 Swift Brass and noticed a considerable difference in price between the Winchester and Norma brass. Is there enough difference between the two brands to justify the additional cost?

I dont think so! and there is a good deal in the classifieds for some swift brass I just dont need that much or it would be gone.

Win brass is junk IMO in the .220S. With my .220S I stuck to Remington & Norma brass only. I have Norma brass from the 70s that is still being reloaded today.
The Win brass I had, had way to many case seperations (under 3 reloads on most), split necks with a few loadings on them. My Rem brass has a mili fraction of bad cases over Win brass in all those years.
My Rem brass has 20+ loads on them, the Norma brass 50+ on what I have from the 70-80s. Out of 500 Norma I lost 20 cases in that time. I loaded at 3600 FPS.

Originally Posted By: NastyDaddy101How do you keep your primer pockets tight with 50+ loading?

I have never had any issues with loose primer pockets with Rem/Norma, but did with lots of Win. brass over the years with the same load.
Same with 10K rounds of .223 thats been loaded 40x+, never had a loose pocket yet with any of the brass I load from military to commercial brass.

I had the same problem with split case necks, I went to Remington and never had another issue.Originally Posted By: 5spdWin brass is junk IMO in the .220S. With my .220S I stuck to Remington & Norma brass only. I have Norma brass from the 70s that is still being reloaded today.
The Win brass I had, had way to many case seperations (under 3 reloads on most), split necks with a few loadings on them. My Rem brass has a mili fraction of bad cases over Win brass in all those years.
My Rem brass has 20+ loads on them, the Norma brass 50+ on what I have from the 70-80s. Out of 500 Norma I lost 20 cases in that time. I loaded at 3600 FPS.

Last edited:
When I had my swift, all I used was win cases and was not very impressed myself. Like above poster, sometimes even 2nd, 3rd firing would split, junk...This was happening about 1 out of 5 cases, not a hot load by any means, 55s at 3900 from a 26" bbl and IMR4064.

Would have tried Norma, but didn't have the rifle for more then a year and the 300 wins I bought lasted me.

Back