Kill light XLR 250

Originally Posted By: Dan223The advantage would be its red led over the white.

I was hunting with a stream light stinger HP before I got the XLR250. and had no luck seeing critters or anything, and that thing would throw 250 yards lighting the whole field and splash onto me. Heck even when I was going to my coyote hunting spot the deer would run away.

But with this red led light they don't seem to care what I am doing. They will stay in the field with me when I am calling. And that's no BS either. I couldn't believe it!! it was like I belong there or something.

With this red led, night critters don't care about it to much about it. It is almost like it has some curious factor with the local deer.
I will never go back to white lights that's for sure. Now I know why everyone uses red. You see more game.

The XLR 250red seems to have a very good throw to about 250 yards, after that it seems to fad away but you will still pick up eye a really long, long, ways away.

The spill on the light is perfect not to wide and not to narrow, and no spill on you either and that's a big plus.

I have had the light on for about 1 hour in the stand and it does not heat up at all, which I thought that it might, since the president of the company said its rated for 900 lums. It works out perfect.. when your in your stand for a hour, just put in a new battery when you go to your next stand. I just ordered some extra batteries so I can go from stand to stand all night long.

OH and the other added advantage that I realized using this light is that you get to keep your natural night vision. Your natural night vision usually takes a half hour to start working if it is hit by a white light. With the red led you don't have to worry about that. No more
blindness

Sounds like a nice light for the AR...and as far as night vision not my night vision.
thumbup.gif

Dan223 Very nice write-up. I agree 100% with what you have observed. I stretch out my time to about 1 3/4 on a battery. I should do more like you at about one hour but my partner runs a stand about 45 min.+-. So I'm getting about 2 stands plus walk-in and out. I have the XLR 175 mounted on my Colt and haven't used it yet. I may just take it off this week-end to see how it also works. YES!!!! it is a great light. (And my night vision isn't lost, until my partner gets close with his white light.)

Any idea how these will handle the cold? I need a new light and this one sounds pretty good. Specifically the 250, for shooting. It sounds as if the smaller one wont reach as far as I will need. But, is the 250 too wide to make it an effective shooting light?
Thanks

Last edited:
Mine just arrived but I haven't had a chance to test it. I plan using it on my shotgun mostly. I scan with a headlamp and shoot with the gun mounted light.

beagler: I have a Olight M20 Warrior mounted to my 12GA (white LED) and have a head band to hold my 250. Also have a Bushnell Trophy red-green dot mounted on the shotgun. I can light up eyes well past 250 yards. I'll watch them come in, scanning over the critter so I don't burn them. It's been working for me. We can't shoot fox until next Monday, had a few come in and the 250 didn't bother them. My partner is using a PL and it hurts my eyes to look at his light after seeing red for 45 minutes.

nightcritter: I don't think the cold will bother these lights. They are LED and the cold has not bother any other LED light I have. The 250 shines out farther than I want to shoot comfortable. My limit is 125-150 at night. At that distance I have NO problem IDing anything at that distance. This time if year we can't use rifles anyway. I have my 175 mounted on my Colt and it works great. For the price- get both, the XLR 175 and 250. Can one have to many lights???LOL

PS the 250's flood and beam is very narrow.

Last edited:
you can easily light up your target at 200 YARDS, maybe more. i got the white LED module along with the red. I plan on using mine as a rifle light. Scan with the predator light.

Mine came with the red and the green module. I ordered the red light, and had no clue that the green module was coming with it as part of the deal. I tried it out with the green just to see what it looked like. But I will be using the red for hunting. I'll also be scanning with the predator light, and shooting with the kill light.

Hillbilly,
that green module was only in a couple of lkghts it was a mistake at the manufacture. You lucked out they are regularly $25.
The kit does not come with the green module.

Just got mine today! If it stops raining I will take video and post it. Jerimiah is great to work with. The light was packaged great! He answered all my questions quickly and the light got here FAST.

GW

Originally Posted By: rpc55you can easily light up your target at 200 YARDS, maybe more. i got the white LED module along with the red. I plan on using mine as a rifle light. Scan with the predator light.

Did you buy two lights? I have the red XLR 250 and I asked the manufacturer if I could buy a white LED so I could switch to white during the time of year when I am not using it for hunting. They said the white was not available to purchase separately.

Originally Posted By: JackindistressHow difficult is it to switch the modules? Your price sounds about right. Do you know what the lumens rating is on the XLR 250 with the white emitter?

easy to change, takes about a minute. not sure on the lumens, 900 perhaps, but it is the brightest i've ever seen.

Whiteknuckle,
When I get to your web site, I run the mouse over the "product's" and the drop down menu shows the products, but as soon as I move mouse, the menu disappears. So I can't look at your products!

Originally Posted By: coyote controlWhiteknuckle,
When I get to your web site, I run the mouse over the "product's" and the drop down menu shows the products, but as soon as I move mouse, the menu disappears. So I can't look at your products!

Those pesky drop down menu's. Try moving your pointer straight down after you hover over the link. He doesn't have the lights on his website yet though. I believe you need to email him direct for those.

Has anyone used these lights in extreme cold temps yet? Just wondering about battery performance when it gets down near 0 degrees.

Back