Remiongton R-25 upper ?

That whats great about this place and this sport always guys willing to help in anyway , so much nicer the Deer hunting. LOL

Slow your road guys. I am pretty sure R-25 rifles are DPMS pattern rifles. When you say AR-10 it seems to imply Armalite. I am almost positive Armalite pattern large frame rifles are not compatible with DPMS pattern large frame rifles. Am I correct? I have a DPMS and I always (incorrectly) refer to it as an AR-10 cuz it is easier than saying LR243. Most people get a confused look when you say LR243. Just want to point folks in the correct direction before they start dropping the hammer on expensive parts.

All AR 10 will change out with R25'S they are all the same thing just different names.

AR 10 is the large frame rifles

AR15 is the smaller frame ones

Yeah but if I remember right DPMS and Armalite take different magazines which migt mean they are different. So you might want to check into it more.

Here is what Armalite says.

GT-3. QUESTION: Can a DPMS/POF/KAC/RRA upper be put on an ArmaLite lower receiver?

ANSWER: You can install ArmaLite, Colt or high quality components made to military standards to ArmaLite M15 lower receivers, but ArmaLite doesn’t recommend it. We recommend that you use ArmaLite upper receivers for optimal fit, matching to the deep black color of your ArmaLite receiver, and the basic knowledge that your rifle isn’t totally mixed up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WSMBUCKHere is what Armalite says.

GT-3. QUESTION: Can a DPMS/POF/KAC/RRA upper be put on an ArmaLite lower receiver?

ANSWER: You can install ArmaLite, Colt or high quality components made to military standards to ArmaLite M15 lower receivers, but ArmaLite doesn’t recommend it. We recommend that you use ArmaLite upper receivers for optimal fit, matching to the deep black color of your ArmaLite receiver, and the basic knowledge that your rifle isn’t totally mixed up.

Let me clear this up for you a little. Here is the whole quote you should have posted from the Armalite website. Make sure to read the last sentence of my quote. It seems to be the relevant part of the answer that would help answer the OP question.

No other brand of upper receiver fits the ArmaLite AR-10 family of rifles.

Originally Posted By: erslllOriginally Posted By: WSMBUCKHere is what Armalite says.

Let me clear this up for you a little. Here is the whole quote you should have posted from the Armalite website. Make sure to read the last sentence of my quote. It seems to be the relevant part of the answer that would help answer the OP question.

No other brand of upper receiver fits the ArmaLite AR-10 family of rifles. Thank You.

tt2.gif

Last edited:
Armalite AR10 models are not interchange compatible with DPMS LR-308 lowers/uppers.

DPMS makes the R-25, 308 based firearms for Remington.

Bushmaster makes the R-15, 223/5.56 based firearms for Remington which is interchange compatible with MOST all of the AR15 platform firearms.

Back