Gunsmithing bench setup-Suggestions?

JoeBobOutfitters

Looking at getting a very light-use gunsmith type bench for light customer use (primarily scope install) and the like.

Any ideas? Look at prefab from Home Depot, etc? Make yourself? Probably will want to go ~36" tall, will want a vice as well as some sort of rest. Any suggestions on an inexpensive gun vice/rest?

Thanks
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
I picked up this commercial steel framed bench at Sam's Club, by the time all was said and done, it cost about the same as the materials to make my other two benches...as they have two thicknesses of 5/8 or 3/4 plywood, plus a shelf underneath one...

P1010004.jpg

Work Bench

And the matching storage cabinet

Storage Cabinet

at a really good price and have been very happy with both...

The bench is heavy and very sturdy, the actual dimensions are in the ad, it is just above waist high on me and I'm right at 6'.. It has leveling feet and once adjust for any unevenness, doesn't move at all..The cabinet is really nice for storing my primers, powders, and would work great for hand tools..

I like the bench! I have sources like grainger and whatnot, but shipping adds up on the big items. Sam's is a good resource (already a member), forgot about them. I'll check into it.

Back