A Boy and a Trophy Bear

They did not put it on a scale as they do all their own butchering. I can say it was an honest 500lb live, after gutting three of us could not lift it with straps. We had to sit the bear on it's but, strap it to the rack and hoist the rear on the rack...not easy. I have taken and helped with bears in the 300lb range which is a good bear around here...this one was substantially larger.

That is a huge Bear
thumbup.gif

Pretty sad if you ask me....he's going to go the rest of his life wondering why he can't do any better than the first bear he ever got...it's a shame I tell you.

For those that may still be interested, we did not get a weight on the bear but I am confident it was over 500lb. The skull green scored just over 21" and may be the #1 bear ever shot in Oregon by a youth.

that is a beauty of a bear...look how even the coat is, don't see much rubbin.......what a great trophy for that young man and a lifetime of memories.......CONGRATULATIONS!! to all of ya!

thats a 500lb bear for sure. One question.....How the [beeep] did you get that bear on the front rack of that bike!?! LOL congrats bud, thats a real trophy.

It was work.
smile.gif
We sat it on it's but and leaned it on the front rack. Then ratchet strapped the bear around the shoulder and neck to the rack. We put another strap around the belly to use as a handle. They I grabbed the strap and my buddies each grabbed a let. After a lot of grunting and tugging we were able to roll the rear end on the rack. That thing was heavy.

Back