Bushnell Sportview 4-12x40 warranty question

wahoowad

I have a 10 year old Bushnell Sportview 4-12x40 scope that has seem very limited use. I used it recently and had some erratic groups and the windage knob has become very hard to turn. I suspect the scope has an issue and want to return to Bushnell. I believe it has a lifetime warranty and I still have the receipt.

This scope has not been made for years. I suspect Bushnell will not put much effort into repairing a lower end scope like this, instead will offer to send me a like exchange in something they deem comparable. What is considered comparable? I don't want them to trade me down to a new scope that might be of lesser quality just because the new scope fits that place in their lineup.

If they do replace it, it will be with a Banner. The Trophy is the next higher line. Ask to see if they will give you any credit for it, even $25, so you can upgrade to an Elite 3200.

It's not possible for them to trade you down to a lower quality scope. Just be glad it hasn't cost you anything in the field like mine did.

If you want the same mag range, this is the cheapest I would go:

http://swfa.com/Nikon-4-12x40-ProStaff-Riflescope-P45648.aspx

Otherwise decent 3-9x40's can be had for under $200.

Back