value of a savage fox model B SxS

chunks7mm

my dad was given a fox model b in a 12 gauge years ago,was wondering what money he could get for it...we both have shot it and never liked it....its probably around 90%+ shape and pretty sharp and the action is quite stiff so its not been used alot....last time i shot it was 10+ years ago and last time he shot it was when i was 14 years of age and im 34 now...

so how much you guys reckon its worth?

he wants to get a nice pump 20 gauge and was thinking of trading it in towards one

ShotgunWorld.com is a good place to start.

It would have to be a pretty special pump gun before I'd trade with out some boot.

Luck

Check the gun auction sites online for current values. Normally I see them going for anywhere from about $425 - $550. The Savage Fox SxS is a workhorse gun but nothing special to raise a big price tag.

Originally Posted By: GCCheck the gun auction sites online for current values. Normally I see them going for anywhere from about $425 - $550. The Savage Fox SxS is a workhorse gun but nothing special to raise a big price tag.

I see them priced in that range. I don't see many actually selling at those prices. This is the problem with online gun sites. You can list any POS pump that's beat to [beeep] and rusted besides for $10000. That doesn't mean it's worth that much, it's only worth what it actually sells for.

Also, a 12 gauge is the least desireable and the most common. A 16 or 20 would probably get a few looks, but IMO a 12 gauge is going to be tough to move much above $400 at most and that's if it's in very good condition. Honestly, if it were mine and I seriously wanted to liquidate, I'd think seriously about any offer over 350 because even at that price, offers will be few and far between.

As always, you could get lucky and find someone who's been dying to buy one, but as has been said, they're nothing special.

Grouse

I see them around here in the $400.00 neck of the woods, depending on condition. Plan on getting $200.00 if you're using it as a trade in...

Try consigning it at the local gun shop. They usually get 15% of the sale price. You know they will sell it for the most they can get.

Last edited:
I think between $300 - $400 would be a fair price.

They're not extremely desirable in 12 ga and have limited purpose as they're a bit heavy for a carry gun.

I'm the Mod for the Shotgunworld Classifieds. Throw it on there in the SxS section and you should get some bites.

Originally Posted By: GC Normally I see them going for anywhere from about $425 - $550. The Savage Fox SxS is a workhorse gun but nothing special to raise a big price tag.

Probably different prices in different parts of the country, but they're pretty desirable around here.

As mentioned by others, "the 16 & 20 gauges fetch allot better price".
Luck

figured 400.00 as its pretty tight and pristine for its age

so i was pretty close,and he was surprised that it was worth around that

thanks guys for the input

Back