New Tikka T3 30-06: Range report

rpc55

I finally got a chance to shoot my new rifle today. I shot 2 different brands of factory ammo. Federal Power-Shok 180 gr. and Remington Core-Lokt 150 gr. I cleaned the bore after every 5 rounds for the first 20. It did not group very well until I shot it without cleaning it for the next 15 rounds. The last three shots with the Federals were the best. It should just get better from here.
thumbup1.gif

Tikka.jpg

Originally Posted By: OmnivoreThat'll work!

I am pretty impressed for a gun that can shoot factory ammo like that right out of the box!

Thats a good shooten rifle you have there....
This is my new Tikka T3 Lite Camo Stainless in .300 Win Mag. weighs 5.8 lbs fluted stainless bbl and Realtree Camo stock... I bought it and put a Nikon 4X12 power scope on it.... the whole setup is about 6.5 lbs what a mountain Rifle....

I used Factory Remington Express Core-Lockt 180 Gr. PSP Ammo
It took me 7 shots to sight it in and now she is dialed ....the group you see next to the 8 is a three shot group, a ragged hole, from a bench, rested across a rolled blanket...and that was at 100 yds....
laugh.gif
needless to say this baby delivers I am very impressed with my Tikka T3, I ran a patch down the tube after the 2nd shot and the 4th shot and made scope adjustments each time and cooled the bbl between shots...

2u90sv6.jpg

I think Tikka is on to something, it just amazes me.... a couple months ago the only bolt guns I would own would be Rem 700's and older Win Model 70's... now I have a different outlook on things....

i have remi's ,savages, and 1 custom...i never seen a tikka that didnt shoot....i seen a 338 mag that shot better than 2 of my buddies big money 338's....congrats there nice rifles...just got a new shotgun but my next is a tikka in 243....

I'll give them a try. Still trying different ammo and grain combination's at the moment but running out of time and money b4 the rifle season. As it is, the Federal power shok 180 gr. shooting .455" @ 100 yards is plenty accurate enough for whitetails in a forest setting.

I bought a t3 lite in .270 a couple years ago and it shot .5" at 100 with federal powershok 130 gr... that is until the 5th shot. I've noticed that rounds start to stray a little after 5-10 rounds. I don't know if it's because it's out of a hot barrel, or a dirty one. Still, even with that one odd ball it shot under an inch (a quarter covered all 5 rounds) so I'm more than happy for a fantasticly crafted killing machine of beauty that only cost me $400!

Over many discussions of the Tika T3 in multiple calibers, the accuracy of these rifles has been just amazing. And if you worked it out as cost/accuracy ratio, I would assert that the Tika cannot currently be beaten.

I bought a .243 Tika last year. Same song, different verse. Lights-out accuarcy with factory ammo and it only got better with handloads and a small trigger adjustment.

Grouse

Back