still no luck.....so i spent more $$$$$

yeeehaww

set a stand yesterday for 3 hours and didnt hear/see a thing! so then i walk back up to the house at dark, and what do i hear 2 hours later???yep, the howls of yotes right in the back door!! they were prob 100 yards away! frustrated, so i went to sportmans warehouse today and grabbed me a mojo critter, and 2 primos closed reed calls...jackrabbit and cottontail, in hopes of more luck this evening..

Never give up. I think I lucked out by calling one on my first try (missed) then called a double about the 3rd time out after that, then the following season was nill (besides w/friend who got one) now this season first time out this morning shot my 2nd.I think it would be hard to keep trying though had I not got lucky early on.

Originally Posted By: Jeff MockYou spent 3 hours on a single stand? As a friend told me once its kind of like fishing, if they arent biting you move a ways 1/4 mile ? 1/2 maybe?

I spend no more than 15 minutes on a stand in the early season. I'd like to say I spend more time on stand in the late season but I flat out don't have the patience for it.

well the thing is, i know that they are there and i dont want to mess things up by crunching all over the place making all sorts of racket and getting my scent all over the earth.. i believe that if i have enough patience, they will show themselves.

Ya but if you sit there and blow every call you know and have they are never gonna come. They will hear your calls and ignore them because although you didn't see them doesn't mean one didn't sneak in and see you. Give the area a break and go back using a new call. Or try some night calling.

I don't sit more than 30 minutes and I'm off to the next stand. The more stands you make the better your chances of getting a coyote.

t/c223encore.

i used to try the sit n wait and every call i own game
then i switched up to sitting 5 mins in silence call for 5 sit for 5 call for 5 sit for 10 for a total of 30 mins if nothing shows i sneak out and go 3-400 yards down here in the east 3-400 is alot not like out west where ya can see for 1000 yards
my sucess has jummped a ton doing this method

Crowpopper, Do you see more come in when calling, or when quiet ? It sounds perfect for a cold, still, day when the sound will carry, and the preditors are moving.

Back