Dead Coyoty Loads / Which Choke?

Ken43

I have been using an extra full choke with #4 buckshot. I now have to use leadfree ammo. What choke are you guys using with Dead Coyote Ammo???

What shotgun are you shooting? Internal bore diameters are all over the place from the various brands. Basically about .050" - .060" of constriction will get you in the ballpark with a good quality choke. There is a ton of info on PM about shotguns, chokes, and loads. If you can get this cranky search feature to work for you I'd bet you could read this stuff for a good long rainy day from the archives. There is a sticky thread at the top of the firearms section that could help too.

Ken, I also live in the condor zone down in Tulare Co. I shoot a dead coyote choke on my Mossberg 835 with Remington Wingmaster HD #2's, 1 1/2 ounce loads. It also shoots the dead coyote loads well, but I prefer the Remingtons.

Nightmare for bobcats and fox.Love em.
Mark

Last edited:
I used a Dead Coyote Choke for #4's with good results, but my guns were a FN and a Benelli.

You would have to check bore vs choke diameters for the Remmy to see if the constriction is similar.

Originally Posted By: Ken43I am shooting a Remington 870 express mag. 12 ga.

If you want an inexpensive combination try a Jellyhead turkey choke and some 3" No. Four Buck. That will likely get you decent results for not too much of an investment. And it might not either, shotguns are finicky as heck and really there are only some general guidelines, the pattern paper tells the tale.

Back