Kelby's Precision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine

Topic Options
#1698518 - 10/19/10 09:56 PM CVA Elite Stalker/Academy/$159/.243/7-08/.270/.308/30-06
ATXHOGHUNTER Offline

Loc: Texas
Joined this forum because I saw the CVA product being sold at Academy Sporting Goods being discussed. Now can't find it with the "Search" icon ... So ... Did anyone else's "impulse-buy" kick-in with Academy selling these rifles for $159 this week? I picked up a .243 and have to say I am extremely impressed. Shot it today, mounted with a cheap scope I had in a drawer and cheap ammo. Still shot just over 1 MOA. Lock-up is extremely tight and smooth. Zero trigger slop/creep. Guessing its breaking around 3 lbs. Researched the brand. Interesting back-story. Apparently CVA exclusively made muzzle-loaders in the mid 1990s. Somehow bad instructions went out (Translation error? Made in Spain?)and folks were grossly overcharging their powder. Bloodshed and death followed. Sometime later a mega-corp bought the CVA name and whatever the lawyers didn't get and began to retool. Hired a world renowned barrel designer. He directed them to have all barrels made at Bergara (which is supposedly a high-end barrel manufacturer). Ordered a big production run. CVA realized they were now overstocked and offered several thousand units to a number of U.S. sporting goods stores at rock-bottom prices. Academy jumped at it. That's about 90 minutes worth of research in 200 words or less. So ... is anyone out there experimenting with CVA rifles? I reload and would love to hear some dope on lands and such. The .243 is a compact model I got for my son, but if I can get it to shoot straight enough I'd have no problem using it on the occasional mountain-bike hunt (short gun, less getting hooked on trees). For $159, I'm tempted to go get a .270 as well.

#1698531 - 10/19/10 10:09 PM Re: CVA Elite Stalker/Academy/$159/.243/7-08/.270/.308/30-06 [Re: ATXHOGHUNTER]
blopez50 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: New Mexico
[beeep]!! Wish there was an academy here......

Moderator:  Jack Roberts, OldTurtle, venatic 

Forum Stats
48878 Members
83 Forums
290391 Topics
2745368 Posts

Max Online: 3862 @ 12/14/14 10:24 PM
Today's Birthdays
5.56YoteKiller, AK Seawolf, crittergetter100, GECATMAN, IDBob, IrishHick, Louman, LuckyDawg, npdent

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.