High Racks and Hunting Rigs

rebelbell24

Is there a thread of racks and hunting rigs? If so, can someone post a link. I can't seem to find it with the search engine.

If not, post up some picks of your rack/rig

there sure isnt. ive only seen about 3 different types on this site. tony tebbe has one really good one, i have a cheap rinky dink one i welded up and ive only seen one other. ill see if i can find a link to mine....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here's a pic of a rack that i built this summer...you just slide it on to the railings of your truck.
i ended up putting shooting rests connected to the chairs but they're not pictured above

im getting ready to cut it down and mount it to my bed caps for added stability.....and to free up bed space
Coyote-panhadletx003.jpg

It might be hard to get under some entryways with thing! I'd leave the bottom part of the frame alone. If you make it where it mounts to the bed rails, it won't be as quick and easy to load up. You will have more room, but it may not be worth it.

it's actually pretty easy to load up on the rails of my f-150. just take off the tailgate and slide it down the rails. i can easily load mine by myself and doesn't take but maybe 5 to 10 minutes depending on how big of a hurry i'm in.

and when it's slid on just use some tie down straps to hold it in place...i drive just about 80 everywere i go and i haven't had any problems with it

I use a sled deck for snowmobiling. It looks just like nasty nate's setup. How are you guys getting them to come in when your pickup is in plain view?

Here is a recent pic of my high rack, calling rig. Only have 3 of the 5 chairs installed on this day, due to a single hunter.

prairieschooner1.jpg

Tony

i use mine for night hunting mostly...i'll post a more recent pic tmrw with everything on it.

Tony- thats a pretty slick rig you have there looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it! wish i had that big of a platform on my rig!

Gotta dig on the enclosed rack! Not as high as the others. And I'm sure it's he11 on gas mileage, but that thing doesn't look like it's a friend to it's fuel tank anyway! Slick rig!

I will and will use it the same way as I do a night back it in to some brush. it being a utv itis shorter will be easier to hide than a truck and give me the height to see over the brush during the summer

Back