Youth rifle season pics

Scott H.

I thought I would share some pics. The deer my son shot was a management buck we needed removed. He was a 5x3 and was 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 years old. My son made a good shot but the deer went behind a hill in the CRP that was about 5' tall. I forgot my good light and we couldnt find it. Drove to town and loaded up my 7 month old Black Mouth Cur named lola. I havnt had the chance to work her tracking deer, so what a perfect time. We let the tailgate down and led her into the crp. She hit the blood trail in about 5 sec into the deal and found the deer about 10 sec into the deal. She probablly would have skinned it if i would of let her. She thought she had to thrash the crap out of him. Not very good on deer capes lol. Saved me a bunch of time and my son thinks we better keep her so I guess I will keep feeding this one.

115.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, me and all my kids are pretty tight. I did alot of hunting back in my prime, but now its all about the kids for me. I love to hunt as much as the next guy but with land getting harder to get accsess to now days, I had to find a new passion. I just enjoy taking my kids and working my dogs anymore, doesnt cost an arm and a leg to work a few dogs, plenty of state land to work them on here.

Regards, Scott

Nice Buck, and a Great Experiance for your Son. Very Good Looking Black Mouth Cur. My young BMC Male turned a year old in July, and is full of energy and Hunting Desire.

Back