not the best couple of days here

trapper2

well to start with my female blackmouth rebel went off feed, took her to the vet got blood pulled but she died the next afternoon, she had a tumor on one of her kidneys, then to top it off i go to look for some hogs this morning that had been tearing up some wheat, dogs hit a trail off a pond and are bayed in 60 yds, i hear a dog get hit and then go back to baying, get over the pond dam and all three dogs are baying good, shoot the hog and start looking dogs over, cajun and yeller look good but moses is pouring blood, get him to the 4 wheeler and and find hes got a 4 inch cut in front of his collar and under his ear, God bless cut collars, then a 6 inch cut running up and down right in front of his shoulder, i got the one under his ear wrapped with vet wrap and slowed the bleeding and stapled the one by his shoulder and off to the vet, had to sew alot of muscle back up before the skin but he's doing good now, about 160, 170 pd boar and the bottoms were 2 1/2 inches from gum line to tip

1013001038.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

That is awful news about Rebel, from what I've seen she looks like a [beeep] of a dog. Also, good to hear that moses is doing good and he'll make it. Prayers are coming your way from utah.

Ryan, I'm sorry to hear about Rebel.
frown.gif
I'm glad to hear Moses is gonna make it through though.

Last edited:
Man that suck Ryan. Sorry to hear about your rebel dog, and moses too. That pig had some stickers. Glad to see you got him.

How is the little guy and momma taking it? I bet not too well.

Prayers sent for you guys buddy, take care.

Sorry to hear about rebel Ryan.
Hope the other pup comes out ok, guess he'll get a couple of days off...
Rick H...

When it rains it pores. Sorry to hear your bad luck. At least moses is doing ok. I have known guys to have a whole pack of dogs killed by one hog. On a lighter note, how's that cajun dog coming along?

Ryan, sorry to hear that. It seems many times we can't keep a good one and can't kill a bad one.

I'm serious about what we visited about the other day. We'll try to get you fixed up one way or another unless I have the same misfortune happen on my end with Halle. Keep in touch.

thanks for the thoughts guys, moses is doing good, looks pissed every morning when i pull out, but he's healing up good so it shouldnt be long till he's back to going

Ryan, that's good to see. Hope he turns out ok. BTW, Halle's looking more pregnant everyday. I'll keep hunting her as long as I can and we'll go from there.

Ryan,
Man my thoughts and prayers go out to your family. She was a good one. I will have to post up some pics of her boy Kobe. He has his dad's good looks and his momma's color.

God's speed!

Back