Pray, Pray, and then Pray some more

It was good to visit with you to buddy. We are heading out the door in the next few minutes to head up to Kalebs first treatment. I will keep you all posted on how things go. It took us 15 minutes to get him to stop crying because he did not want to go. I think he thinks he has to stay there and he is scared about it. Talk at ya'll later.

Tim

We went today for Kalebs first chemo treatment and everything went well other than now he is tried as all get out. He says he hurts a little bit and feels a little sick. The doc told us that was some of the things he would feel. He is going to want to sleep for a few days more than what he does any other time. It was not a fun trip, I think all of us were a little scared but we are just glad it went well. He should be having back to back treatments from here on out until they think it is time to go in and remove it. Poor little guy acts like he got hit by a truck. We are just going to lay in bed and watch home alone and try and get some sleep.

Tim

Glad to hear things are going well Tim. I got your message this morning, but got tied up today at work.

Prayers are still coming!!!
thumbup.gif

Tim, I am so sorry to hear what a hard day you've all had. I know chemo is hard on even the strongest adults. It is so hard to see your baby suffer & not be able to do anything to fix it for him. Ya'll are always in our thoughts and prayers.-----Ben Jimmy

Well all I thought i would bring you another update. Kaleb has another day of chemo on Thursday of this week. He is not looking forward to it but we promised him ice cream after so I think he is not going to give us any trouble over it now LOL. So far things have been going good for him. We have all had the flu bug going on here and it has been hard to shake so since I was the last one to get it I had to sleep on the couch. We, as well as the doctor has high hopes that Kaleb will pull through, which is great for us to hear because I (myself) do not know what I would do if he didn't.

PS I got the money that you all have donated and believe me it has helped more than you guys will ever know. Thank you all very much. I will keep you all updated.

Tim

Originally Posted By: Tim7581We, as well as the doctor has high hopes that Kaleb will pull through, which is great for us to hear
AWESOME!!
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

We're so glad to hear Kaleb has positive Drs. and hope things continue to go well for you all. Keeping ya'll in our thoughts and prayers!!!-----Ben Jimmy

I just found out I pick Kalebs pup up Thursday at 1:45pm. So Mary is going to take him to chemo and I will try like [beeep] to beat them back home so when he opens the door there his pup will sit waiting for him on the couch. This could not have worked out better. This will perk him up!!! I just cant wait.

Tim

Tim, tonight was the 1st night I looked into the houndsman forum. My family's prayers are with you tonight and will be every night. Good luck and God bless.
Bryan

I hope Kaleb felt well enough to play with his pup. I know it made him happy & I'll bet he was one suprised little boy! We can't wait to find out what this new pup's name is!! Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers as always. We hope things continue to go well & we will be watching for some great photos of Kaleb and his little buddy. Take care.-----Ben Jimmy

Ooops,I misread your post, thought it was Tuesday. Oh well, now it is Thursday & I'm still hoping Kaleb had a good day(I'm not leaving you and your wife out, I know it is hope, faith, & prayer that will get ya'll through this). I hope your extended family is doing well also. I know having his family around him is a comfort to Kaleb. Tell Kaleb we are all pulling for him!!!----Ben Jimmy

Last edited:
Just an update since you guys have not had one for a while. Only reason for that is because not much has changed since last time. Kaleb is doing good except now he is sick as a dog with the flu and the chemo treatment (we cannot wait until the chemo is done!) There may be another doctor that is going to help his doctor now with the surgeries that he will have to undergo. I went out last night to get a couple of cheese burgers because he said he was hungry, I think he got a bite down and that was all he could eat. It just kills me to see him this way and I can do nothing about it. The doctor told us he was going to get sick easier than he would any other time because his system does not respond as fast.

On a good note though, he may not need as many treatments because the tumors are in fact shrinking. His mother and I can not wait until the surgery can be done and we can just leave this whole memory in the past.

As always I will keep everyone updated when things change.

Thank you to everyone for everything.

Tim

Tim i havent been on line for awhile and i just want you to know my family will be praying for you and i really happy Kaleb got his pup!!!
Steve

Back