Lee case trimmers

riverboss

has anyone used the lee case trimmers i need a case trimmer but i only load a couple different calibers and the lees are the cheapest way to go.

They worked great for me, but they wore my fingers out if I did very many cases.
What calibers do you need? I've got several.

Last edited:
223-22-250-280 i will use a drill if i get some but i might just buy a lyman im thinking of going to Lexington and the sportsmans warehouse this week i just have to check the prices.

Originally Posted By: riverboss223-22-250-280

I've only got one of those so it wouldn't be worth shipping. You should be able to get everything you need for around $10 per caliber. They work great with a cordless drill.

I tried the POS in 223 it wobbled in the shell holder no matter how I used it. The darn thing was not plum to the rotation of the tool so it wobbled. I guess I could grind it flat so it would be plum. you get what you paid for.

I just turned around and purchased a lyman brass trimmer.

All of mine have worked fine.
But if you're gonna buy them for 3 calibers you're about halfway to a good trimmer.
I bought a Forster and it's pretty slick.

I have several one, for each caliber. I have the trimmers that have the wood knob on it, its a great tool. I use it with and without my drill. The wood knob makes it almost effortless so I use it most. You can not go wrong with the Lee trimmer.

Agreed they work great but if you got a lot of brass to do find something that's not so hard on the fingers! I'm now getting a Forster trimmer.

FW707: Does the Forster have any wobble too it? I guess would you buy it again or would you get something else?

Just thought of it but if you get the trimmer with the ball it will save your fingers and it's fairly cheap too.

No wobble at all.
The collet tightens up easily on the rim, and the pilots fit tight in the calibers I've used it on.
It's the only rotary trimmer I've used so I don't have anything to compare to, but I would definitely buy it again.

Originally Posted By: dmpowderAgreed they work great but if you got a lot of brass to do find something that's not so hard on the fingers! I'm now getting a Forster trimmer.

FW707: Does the Forster have any wobble too it? I guess would you buy it again or would you get something else?

Just thought of it but if you get the trimmer with the ball it will save your fingers and it's fairly cheap too.

I have a Forster trimmer and there is no wobble to it w/correct pilot; works great. Used it for years to neck turn and trim 30-06 target loads. As you can see in the picture, the Forster sits unused,however. I now use the Lee as I've found it to be less trouble to trim after each firing than to measure each case and trim as needed with the Forster. I mounted my Lee Cutter and Forster Chamfer/Deburring tool in a wooden handle which speeds up the process.

IMG_2598.jpg

After sizing the lubed case:
1) Place in shell holder turn on drill and wipe lube off w/rag w/drill running continuously,
2) Trim, chamfer & debur in one motion...That's all there is to it; no blisters and quick.

Quote:All of mine have worked fine.
But if you're gonna buy them for 3 calibers you're about halfway to a good trimmer.
I bought a Forster and it's pretty slick.

The Forster works great, but IMO is slower even w/power driver and removing case lube is a separate operation w/the Forster.

As for cost, if you are loading for .22 center fire up to the normal magnums (7mm-375h&h for instance0, all you need is:
1)Cutter and lock stud for your drill @ $4.99 @ Midway
1)Shell holder and case length gauge @ $4.49 x3= $13.47 + 4.99 (for cutter & lock stud)
Total cost for 3 different cartridges = $18.46
Additional calibers can be added for $4.49 ea. for shell holder & gauge.

The Forster trimmer @ Midway sells for $54.99 Since I no longer use mine, will list in classified if someone is interested.

Regards,
hm

Is that thing mounted in an outboard motor???????? Oh by the way, I have a .223 and .22-250 if you want them. Send me your address and it will be in the mail. I use them in a drill press or hand drill. They work great, but someone gave me a lyman universal, so I don't need them anymore.

Tom

Quote:Is that thing mounted in an outboard motor????????
lol.gif

No, just sitting on motorized a primer pocket tool.

Regards,
hm

Thanks guys but i just got back and i bought me some lees at sportsmans warehouse i hope they work its been a long day i took my mom with me shes in a wheel chair and my altinator went out on the way home had to get towed and have a car delivered so she could get home what a day glad i work for a car shop and it didnt cost me anything.

It's the only Lee tool I use---but I've improved it.

Have the Cutter end drilled and tapped to make it fit on one of the power points of an RCBS Case Prep Center.

Presto Now it's a power trimmer with all the other power points there to help you bevel and debur while the case is in your hand. And you can change calibers for less than $10/caliber and use the same cutter.

Low Cost, Simple, Quick, and Uniform

Back