Tikka .22-250 owners

Great rifle, accurate out of the box and it improves as you get a few boxes down. Bolt is very smooth, trigger is adjustable easily down to 2 lbs with a clean break.
Magazine is plastic but durable and quiet. Spendy to get an extra.
The synthetic stainless is good for wet weather. The stock is a little flimsy and a little barrel heavy for balance with the lighter stock.
The wood stock(Hunter) is my choice even though the wood is a bit soft on some guns. Balances pretty good.
The factory rings work fine but some like a heavier aftermarket version.
There have been a few complaints about the plastic bolt shroud breaking. I have never had a problem with 4 different rifles. You can buy an aluminum aftermarket version.
Bottom line, it is a well designed rifle that performs as sold. Very few complaints anywhere and they shoot a variety of loads well, factory or handloads.

Originally Posted By: tripod3There have been a few complaints about the plastic bolt shroud breaking. I have never had a problem with 4 different rifles. You can buy an aluminum aftermarket version.

Mine broke, twice on the same rifle.
rolleyes.gif

I replaced it with the aluminum one about a month ago.
I wouldn't let that keep me from buying another one though. It's one of my favorite rifles.

GREAT GUNS. No complaint here.

I have .223 varmiter SS. A little heavy but I can shoot dimes size groups all day. after 20 stands you really feel the extra weight.
coyote1-212-29.jpg

For the price of the Tikka you could get a Savage with Accutrigger and a great scope. Just my opinion........

I really like mine. I've had it for about 5 years and the only complaint is with the 1-14" twist I've found it hard to get really accurate loads with the 55 grain plastic tipped bullets. I realize that many have had good results with them but I sure couldn't. I really wanted to shoot these in the very beginning but finally gave up and tried several 55 grain soft points and hollow point bullets with much better results. I finally setteled on the Berger 55 grain target match and I couldn't be happier. Mine's a keeper.

It's my favorite rifle.
I would buy another in a heart beat. I don't know why but the price has jumped quite a bit here in Canada(maybe cause they have such a good rep they can get away with it). Jim

Originally Posted By: tripod3Great rifle, accurate out of the box and it improves as you get a few boxes down. Bolt is very smooth, trigger is adjustable easily down to 2 lbs with a clean break.
Magazine is plastic but durable and quiet. Spendy to get an extra. The synthetic stainless is good for wet weather ...
There have been a few complaints about the plastic bolt shroud breaking. I have never had a problem with 4 different rifles. You can buy an aluminum aftermarket version. Bottom line, it is a well designed rifle that performs as sold. Very few complaints anywhere and they shoot a variety of loads well, factory or handloads.

Not much to add to that. My .22-250 is a Tikka T3 Camo Stainless.

I love my tikka also, got the 22-250 with heavy barrel and yes it has some weight but with 55gr blits and H380 I can shoot dime size groups also. I also am not a fan of the plastic stuff mentioned but have had no issues with them.

Last edited:
I have a T3 LIte in 22-250. Still in the barrel break-in stage but have had some 1/2" 3 shot groups at 100 yards. Have been shooting 53g Sierra Match with Varget in Lapua cases with CCIBR2 primers.

I really like the way the rifle handles and expect accuracy to improve after barrel break-in and all the cases are fire formed.

I am not tickled with the plastic bolt shroud and magazine, but so far so good. I am a happy camper.

Back