Got Away for a few minutes

yfzduner450

Well this morning I decided the new pup need to be introduced to calling and so off we went. I wasn't too concerned with what she was doing as long as she was out in front of me and stayin within eye site. I brought along my other dog also, to help her stay around. He behaves very well and only ranges about 100 yds or so. So my wife, brother and I make the first stand and have coyotes answering the locator and one snuck in and as soon as we seen it, it left town just as fast. Then after a few blanks we decided to call it a day. Not the best calling day but the pup acted really well and both dogs were very alert on stand. Always scanning and smelling everything. They both knew the coyote was around (growling and very alert) but couldn't pin in down. Here's a couple pics of the day. Oh yeah, and on the way home we ran into about 40 speed goats feeding in a field. There was one real nice buck in the group and a few smaller ones.
1ststand.jpg

jasperalert.jpg

whiskey-1.jpg

thewalk.jpg

biggoat.jpg

Thats a good looking dog you got there Jeremy and great pictures. Its good to hear that they are answering from when I went out 2 weeks ago. Never could get one to answer or come into the call.

that looks like you were out by cedar fort??? Was I close? Good job on the puppy training. Are you having any luck calling them in lately?

It was somewhat close to cedar fort??? I've been having better luck then earlier in the summer. I just need to learn how to see them before they wind me. I've called a few in lately and it seems like we see each other at the same time and they leave the country. I just need more time in the field and learn ALOT more!! I've been having a blast lately and it's exciting watching the dogs figure out the game.

Jeremy, give me a call, your on the right track, but I could help ya alittle if ya like.
Nice looking pup, she just needs some "fur in her face". HAHA!!!!!

Back