Coyote with an Air Rifle??

it is impressive,
look man,
if you wanna hunt with any weapon go for it. its not up to me or anyone else to tell you what to hunt with. good luck!

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: WildwvIf you could only hear how many times I have heard that one of these days my 22-250 would let a deer get away from me.I have had someone say something like to me every year for 20 yrs. and it still has not let me down. If your sure your gun will do it then have a good hunt.

So now we're comparing a .22 caliber air rifle to a .22-250
crazy.gif
? Here in Texas I know many people that use a .223 for harvesting our small whitetails and don't have a problem with it as it's legal and effective within it's limitations. However, when and if those hunters come to me complaining about the 1 1/2 mile track they put on their runner due to a less than perfect shot placement......I'm not willing to listen. Is horsepower the end-all to bad shot placement? NO! But there is NO substitute for it either. I'm not saying that if you go into the field with anything less than a .338 Edge you are being un-ethical...Far from it. I'm just saying that some thought needs to be given to your skill set and abilities and find a happy medium or compromise. Hope for the best and plan for the worse, and give your self the best advantage one can give to succeed and still be fair to your game.

Chupa

I was not comparing a 22-250 to an air rifle. I was stating that no matter what you want to do or use there are always people that just refuse to believe that it can be done. I have no idea if this guys pellet gun will kill a yote but he probably does.I mean heck the pellet gun in question was compared to a Swiss Army toothpick!

I say shoot one with the air rifle and shut these guys up!

I'm gonna look into making a main post about this arguing crap, cause it is getting totally out of hand.

I can understand why so many of the old timers left this board someone posts something a little different than everybody else and he gets jumped on by all the same old bunch of guys that if I don't use it then by gawd it ain;t right, its like a pack of rabid dogs one starts in and the rest go nuts with the stupid comments. And out comes the ethic natzis.[beeep] if you want to use an airgun get after it . I guess my 17 rem aint big enough either.So get to pileing on I could care less.....

I think it would be cool to nail one with these souped up air rifles. Man I seen pics where men took pigs with them.

In GA, coyotes are considered a nuisance (not by me, but by the state of GA). I feel, and alot of farmers that I know, feel that coyotes are in the same category as a cockroach. Therefore, I don't care what you shoot a coyote with, just shoot it. I would shoot one with a 22, 17hmr, or a bb gun. Coyotes and ethical do not even go in the same sentence. I saw a DNR ranger who was in the process of bulldozing land on a WMA, he dug up a coyote den and unscrewed the puppies heads and tossed them to the side. A Armadillo is in the same category and delt with the same. You can hunt them day or night 7 days a week and shoot them with what ever you got. Georgia will appreciate it very much.

Last edited:
A BIG +1 to what JC said. Theres even mods posting CHIT on this post. To Crowpopper and anyone else using airguns and other means of hunting, if it's legal in your area goodluck to ya's and I hope to see pic's and stories. Chris

While an airgun may not be the best choice for field work type hunting, one of the new PCP air rifles would certainly be an option for ridding the neighborhood of coyotes where safety or city ordinance may be an issue.

I would fight for anyone's freedom to choose what they want, to do what they want with it.
thumbup1.gif

My Crosman .25 Marauder will punch a hole in a 2x4, so I think a headshot wouldn't be out of the question...
wink.gif

This thread reminds me of a supreme court ruling where an old lady was sueing a drive-in theater for showing R rated movies that she could see from a certain window in her home.....The Ruling? If you don't want to watch the movie, then shut the blind.
lol.gif

thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

is your Mrod modded at all?
hows the accuracy
ive been really leaning toward getting a .25 mrod for a while now
it is either that or a fullblown .25 condor which will make well over 100 FPE

I have a hand pump, so that's how I fill it. There's no dive shops out here in the desert.

No mods, only the 3-12 mildot scope. It's a great scope from what I can tell. Zeroed quick, and holds it.
The ranges marked on the side focus are a bit off, but that may just ne for me.

It groups very well. I can cover the group at 40 yards with a nickle using the dome pellets. They make a pointed type pellet that's not so good. Not sure why the diff, but it's there.

Originally Posted By: BUTCHER45 I have %90 decided that this will be my next air powered weapon for hunting coyotes. Might tear-up the bobcats more than I like.

This thing appears to be amply capable of killing anything walking the earth. Can you imagine the penetration this thing must deliver?

OK....I'm officially %100 decided lol. To wicked to pass up!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/mes...maybe+try+this-

HOLY CRAP! is that legal! it looks like something they would put in a terminator flick!

Originally Posted By: lon0121Originally Posted By: BUTCHER45 I have %90 decided that this will be my next air powered weapon for hunting coyotes. Might tear-up the bobcats more than I like.

This thing appears to be amply capable of killing anything walking the earth. Can you imagine the penetration this thing must deliver?

OK....I'm officially %100 decided lol. To wicked to pass up!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/mes...maybe+try+this-

HOLY CRAP! is that legal! it looks like something they would put in a terminator flick!

Depends on your state's hunting weapons regulations. I can't
legally hunt big game animals with it here, but this weapon is legal for non-regulated game (ie coyote,nutria,badger) and fur bearers (ie Bobcat,fox!) in my state.

I used to have an AirForce Condor rifle in .25 (search the forum for "The Other Black Rifle").....looks like I'll be packing another AirForce sometime in the hopefully near future.

i love the tagdagger kit
i also plan on getting one
a few guys on TAG have am and at 60 yards are splitting thieir arrows in 1/2 and still blowing through a block target lol

gman757 you should have taken the shot if you can shot that good.head shot, they do make air rifles in 25 cal and 50 cal. im am thinking about getting a 50 cal later on, after some research on it,show up at deer camp with that one, and watch them scratch they're heads. lol

Quote:In GA, coyotes are considered a nuisance (not by me, but by the state of GA). I feel, and alot of farmers that I know, feel that coyotes are in the same category as a cockroach. Therefore, I don't care what you shoot a coyote with, just shoot it. I would shoot one with a 22, 17hmr, or a bb gun. Coyotes and ethical do not even go in the same sentence. I saw a DNR ranger who was in the process of bulldozing land on a WMA, he dug up a coyote den and unscrewed the puppies heads and tossed them to the side. A Armadillo is in the same category and delt with the same. You can hunt them day or night 7 days a week and shoot them with what ever you got. Georgia will appreciate it very much.

I agree there seems to be a lot of hostility in the threads. I wont comment on my feeling on the air rifle deal, but i have to say that as far as i am concerned (y opinion), I respect every animal i kill enough to try my best to make it a quick and ethical kill everytime, i dont even like seeing crawl offs with PD's and gophers. So as far as "Coyotes and ethical do not even go in the same sentence," i think this is nothing but cannon fodder for the Anti's, but every person has their own values and ethics and i am not trying to impose mine on anybody and force anyone to feel the way i do, just posting "MY" opinion on the matter.

Fin

Originally Posted By: kiyotjoegman757 you should have taken the shot if you can shot that good.head shot, they do make air rifles in 25 cal and 50 cal. im am thinking about getting a 50 cal later on, after some research on it,show up at deer camp with that one, and watch them scratch they're heads. lol

Showing up at the range with one is pretty fun. The expression on people's faces as you fill your air rifle with air (handpump or tank it doesn't matter they stare and wonder) then shoot it, is just priceless. It's fun answering their questions, too.

I want one of those lol. I saw one yrs ago similiar. The guy that owned the paint ball shop made it, it had 6 barrels that shot arrows. I asked how much but because it was in a movie NO SALE
frown.gif

you can sendthat gun to a tuner called talon tunes and he can get that thing shooting 50gr pellets at like the same speed i think. sure that would drop them at 30yds in the head.

can also buy a 9mm or .45 cal pellet rifle. people kill boars and deer with those

Back