Has anyone used this barrel?

d2admin

Administrator
DPMS Mark 12 Barrel 18"

Description:
[*]18" 416 Stainless Steel[*]Heavy Contour[*]Teflon Coated Black[*]6 Grooves, Right-Hand Twist, Button Rifled[*]Chambered in 5.56 NATO[*]1-8 Twist[*]Compatible with a Rifle Length Gas System[*]Threaded for compensator/flash hider[*]Barrel Weight: 2.65 lbs[*]Aluminum Single Rail Gas Block Included[/list]

4070b691.jpg

DPMS Mark 12 Barrel 18"

DPMS Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Heavy C...l Black Pre-Ban

Midway has it with the gas block for $179.99

Reading the reviews of DPMS products here and on other forums, I think my FIL will be happy. I am building him a rifle for Christmas, he got a Gen III NV scope last year and has been wanting an AR since then.

Since Midway is running a Labor Day sale with rebate codes, I could not pass up the $25 off of a $250 order.

Midway EBlast

Ordered from Midway tonight:
[*]431749 1 $179.99 DPMS Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Heavy Contour 1 in 8" Twist 18" Stainless Steel Black Pre-Ban[*]225611 1 $35.00 Model 1 Free Float Tube Handguard Fluted AR-15 Rifle Length Aluminum Black[*]395110 1 $11.99 DPMS Gas Tube Rifle AR-15[*]198053 1 $7.99 Schuster Forward Assist Plug Delrin AR-15[*]518884 1 $6.99 DPMS Flash Hider A1 1/2"-28 Thread Pre-Ban AR-15 Matte[*]888007 1 $5.39 DPMS Ejection Port Cover Assembly AR-15 Matte[*]610501 1 $1.99 DPMS Forward Assist Roll Pin AR-15[*]384068 1 $1.99 DPMS Gas Tube Roll Pin AR-15 [*]Postage, Handling & Insurance: $11.62[*]NRA Round-Up: $1.05[*]Thank you for supporting the NRA[*]Order Total: $239.00[/list]

I gave it a look also. I've had very good luck with DPMS barrels and complete uppers. For there price point they are hard to beat.

W.O.A. also has very good barrels in there cheaper grade made from Wilson blanks.

I have put together a couple uppers with DPMS's cheaper 20" stainless DCM. barrels with good results, same with W.O.A.'s service match barrels.

good luck on your build!

Well, I have since bought 2, out of the box the first one was mounted to an Aero Precision Upper using a MI SS12 series fore end and a BCM BCG and it functioned flawlessly after about 25 rounds of break in ammo. I tried some 75gr BTHP Hornady ammo and was getting sub 1" 5 shot groups, they did hover right at 1", but I feel they will tighten up as the round count goes up. I also have a couple of loads to try once I get enough brass from this rifle. I finished this rile out with a DPMS LPK that I stoned to remove the burrs, a JP trigger spring kit an the DPMS Pardus collapsible stock kit that was on sale for $48 at Midway. I have less than $700 in the complete rifle, and I am hoping my Father in Law will be happy with it

Both barrels were very well finished, no burrs at the gas port, nice M4 feed ramps that only required minor fitting of the upper to match, dimpled for the gas block, and it does include the .750" Koelbl single rail gas block:

793138.jpg

For the money, it is an excellent buy IMHO.

I got the barrel in today - Midway is incredibly fast. This thing really looks nice, good finish and much lighter than my 20-inch barrel.
I have also ordered that same Midwest SS handguard and another upper receiver. Now if I can just figure out what to do with all of it.
grin.gif

I have the longer version (24") dpms and with sierra match kings weighing 69 grains I am getting sub 1/2" minute of angle.And that is with a stock trigger.Got a jewel trigger on the way as we speak.Dpms barrels are exceptional for the money.

Back