NOW i understand

d2admin

Administrator
I have often wondered why certain people on PM do not bother to post here....I no longer wonder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It is NOT because they are not intelligent..that I am sure of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Like I said earlier...I could speak to a brick wall...but I think the response might be more intelligent. You all think that only YOU know what is going on in this world...so be it. That is your small view. I KNOW what a controlled substance is..but far be it from me to go on any more..you all just LOOK for a reason to argue with anyone who you THINK might have a different viewpoint than you. I noticed that not ONE OF YOU happened to get the point that NVWalt said he has to pay $750 for medication for his wife when he is on unemployment. I am willing to bet that is almost 1/2 of what he gets in benefits...disgusting in my humble opinion. You all are SO tricked up in your ladyjane fan club bash that you MISS THE POINT entirely. BUT..as I said..that is WHY many people do not even bother to even post here. I was told that before..but I was too stupid to listen! I have received my education..this is a lost cause...as are many of your views...but that is YOUR problem, not mine. I just offered food for thought..you all will NOT believe it..so hey...I say as I said before: Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his mocassins. Am I referring to hurt feelings? HELL NO....I could care less what you all think of me. I know who I am and what I am about. I can sleep. I imagine you all can too...I am just happy to say it is not in my home or hopefully anywhere close to it. Some of you frighten me with your narrow minded beliefs.

LadyJane,

For what it's worth, I think you are RIGHT on with all of your posts.
I really like a person that can speak her/his mind
and always have a come back for the Dumb A** people that have only one veiw and not an open mind.

Hang in there babe.

Jane! Jane! Jane! It's been a long day, try to relax, you seem so tense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

"Some of you frighten me with your narrow minded beliefs."

Is it still narrow minded if you don't accept the things that some people try to point out to you? OR does it just apply when they don't accept your take on things.

"you all just LOOK for a reason to argue with anyone who you THINK might have a different viewpoint than you"

We come here specifically to argue, discuss, joke around, exchange information and ideas. There are almost 10,000 members here, you don't really believe they all agree with each other. { except for the Ladyjane bashing thing of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif }

"I have often wondered why certain people on PM do not bother to post here....I no longer wonder. "

It really isn't that deep. A lot just don't feel like it.Some just thirst for the knowledge and pearls of wisdom they can glean from reading these forums and some like me are just plain shy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Personally I think these guys do well for a bunch of unwashed, gun carrying, redneck, conservatives. And I like to think if we met face to face we would all have something in common. Even the liberals, :eek: :eek: just kidding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well, LadyJane, I no longer post here either, but I do pop in from time to time to see what is up with things.

I must say that I find some of what goes on here interesting, and some of it pure BS.

An example. One member of PM who post here often, quite often as a matter of fact, has on several other boards claimed to be 22 years old, a hunting guide, an engineer, own 2o guns and 2 boats. I wont mention any names or initials, you can figure it out for yourself.

What makes me wonder is how a man who claims to be 22 knows so much about everything. Especially politics. He couldn't have voted in a presidential election more than once in his entire life, but he knows it all.

I find it interesting that this same man, who again claims to be 22 years old, supports the war in Iraq, the troops, the President, and America. Yet when the armed services are fighting to maintain troop strength, and are now resorting to calling back brave young men and women who have already served, and all he will do is sit here and reap the benifits of their blood sweat and tears. He sure does like the freedoms they fight for, yet he is unwilling to join the fray.

I guess what I am telling you LadyJane, is that not all is as it seems on these boards, especially when it comes to opinions verses convictions.

It's one thing to spout off like a know it all, it's quite another to put your money where your mouth is.

Some folks just have big loud mouths and no guts to back it up. Read and laugh, cry or whatever. But when you reply to some folks, it pays to know who and what you are really dealing with.

THO.

WOW!#@@!#!
I am impressed...thanks for the insight guys!!!
I really appreciate your remarks..sort of restores my faith!!!

Your still a liberal Jane /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif .

Don't get too warm and fuzzy!

Steve

President: Lady Jane Fan Club

whatEVER!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
oh and btw it is "You're"
short for "You are"
As for warm and fuzzy....I am..but certainly not because of the likes of people such as you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Redfog,

I beg your pardon but I am a bred and born REDNECK gun carring conserative & DAMD proud of it!!

But I do take a shower every morning and each nite before I go to bed.

But I don't degrade the people that have different
opions to mine.

Just had to get that off may chest.

Have a good day,

I wish I hadn't gone to bed so early last night now! I mention gas prices one time and look who shows back up. After such a flashy exit he comes back with a post that can't be picked apart by more than one person. After the lies of the past he freshens them up into conspiracy theories and gives em' a try again. This too good. LOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

For those of you concerned; I am 22 years old, born on April Fools Day 1982. I have a college degree in Mechanical Engineering Design Drafting and work 50-55 hours a week as a mechanical engineer. My family owns and operates a Whitetail Guiding Service in Indiana that runs during hunting seasons of Oct-Dec. I own about 18 guns; a few Brownings, several NEF’s and Mossbergs. I purchased the first of my two boats at 13 years old with money I raised during the summer as a farmhand. Working 35 hours a week at a grocery store through high school helped me purchase other things such as a nice truck and the appliances & furniture I needed for my own place to live at age 17. Even though the government later wholloped me for “over-income of a full time student” to the tune of almost $4,000 I always worked hard for everything I have.

I have voted in one presidential election. Lucky for all of us young people, a voters number of ballots casts has nothing to do with political understanding and the higher education of the person voting. I spend anywhere from 2-8 hours a day reading, talking or otherwise debating politics, past-present & future. I don’t necessarily expect someone three times my age to be able to argue up-to-date issues with me but I do expect them not to blatantly lie or twist facts to support some make-believe platform. (Reference to THO)

When I graduated highschool my friends were shipping out to endless training and food handout missions that Clinton had got us into. Less than two years later (3 days after my wedding) that would all change on 9/11; had the current state of affairs been on the table when I was making my life’s decisions I would be stationed in a foreign country right now. Although I am not a member of the armed forces I plan on serving my country by becoming a public servant in the political arena in the next ten years. I’m too young to be taken seriously on the political campaign trail because of my limited life experiences. I do however, stay close enough to the political circle that I will be prepared for the first chair the local Republican Committee is ready to back me on. I’m involved in a few campaigns currently, both local, state and national and plan to stay involved the rest of my life in some fashion.

The act of protecting our democracy is very noble and honorable, serving as a component of the democratic machine is often less honored but necessary just the same. I will always have some regrets for not joining the armed forces but I am glad to have accomplished the things I have in the last five years. My college degrees, profitable career and marriage would’ve been taken down much different paths and I’m happy the way they’ve all turned out. Ten years from now I hope I’m fulfilling my debt to this country in public service.

Now, THO, the first time I typed this it was much better and more descriptive… I lost it somehow when shutting down a design program and was pretty disappointed. If you have any more questions or concerns please fill me in, I’m always available for my friends.

Also, If you’ve been lurking around waiting on an invitation or a “noble cause” to come back then feel free to use this as your entrance. You were told to come back when you were ready and we’d love to have you. Almost everyone has forgotten about the credibility gap you left behind when you went off lying about people on the personal level and fudging political facts. I suggest that your first order of business be to go freshen up the “sorry for me” thread you left us with so everyone knows you’re back in town…. Oh wait, they closed and deleted that thread because people were ripping you apart in your “absence”! Haha

Nothing from this post should be taken personal, you seem to be a pretty emotional soldier so I want to clarify that. If you are ready for the heat then welcome back into the kitchen… your man Kerry is getting ready to take a poll bounce because of the VP nomination so don’t get any false courage up too soon. I look forward to your insightful input into our serious political topics… just don’t expect the world to change for you because its still the same as its always been.

Jane and I have been carrying on two conversations for weeks. One light hearted humor and one cut throat politics. She knows when to take me seriously and when to laugh it off, just as most posters do. Jane, you are much different than THO, youll see. Judging from your political platform (what I can pattern of it) I can see that you conflict his opinions in several ways… just as the majority of us do. Don’t however go down his path of complaining that the world is against you and cry louder and louder until you can’t take it anymore. (Not that you have or would do so). This site is lopsided politically, I belong to a few political websites lopsided in the OTHER direction and I know how frustrating it can be. If you speak with facts the buzz will quite down around you, there are things out that you could be slamming with that couldn’t be met with such strong opposition!

All that being said (well, REsaid) I want to clarify that I mean no harm or personal attack towards anyone. I think deep down both THO and Jane know how I feel personally, even though I’m having a hard time grouping Jane in there… she’s MUCH closer to “us” than “them” but nevermind that. Jane, if you want a good political debate post up some facts… maybe backed up with some URLS and you’ll get it. Otherwise you’ll just be in a battle of wits and opinion with an army of angry conservatives. Those battles are the ones you come out feeling like a whipped pup. (My experience elsewhere) Good luck in whatever you decide but if this was going to be your “suicide note” then I strongly hope you reconsider.

Great post JRB.

The thread that you mentioned by the way is still there in the Member Club House. It wasn't deleted, it was locked. Go back and reread it and you will see why.

I want to thank you for calling me a liar. I will add that to your calling me a liberal whack job.

Thank you for telling everyone that I am a Kerry supporter (although I am not).

At least Kerry had the courage to serve his country.

Lots of people in the armed services have wives, families, jobs, and college degrees. (How many do you have by the way? First it was one, now it is plural)

Be glad that there are brave young men and women ready to stand up and be counted when their country needs them. They have put their lives on hold for you JRB. They aren't looking forward to serving their country in 10 years when things are safer, they are doing it today. Right now.

They aren't making excuses or trying to justify anything to anyone. They are just doing what needs to be done.

I feel sorry for you JRB. You will never know what it means to defend this country. You might think you do, but you don't. Courage JRB. You either have it or you don't.

I expected you to dwell on your area of expertise. My family business has nothing to do with my army choice... you're hooked on that... why? I never said I was too special to step up to the plate, I have a pretty laim excuse for not joining the army but I completely respect and appreciate what others are doing for me. I explained my plans to serve my country the best I could, I'm sorry if thats not good enough for you.

This saying you had in the Marines... was that not a quote from a famous marine? I'll never forget what others have done for me and their country, my grandfather reminds of the sacrifice all the time; along with current friends and family serving.

You knew I was here at home when you started your comment and not overseas, you think this will be a good bashing but you're wrong. My excuses aren't that great for not joining up... much like the other 90% of americans that NEVER serve their country in the armed forces. I do however, unlike many others, have the plans to serve my country in other ways. If you'd like to degrade me on that then please feel free.

Again you comment on how you personally had so much affect on these boards by serving your country... do you not understand that there are legislators and politicians doing work to make these liberties so available?

You can feel sorry for me all you want, just stop feeling sorry for yourself. You HAVE LIED. Once a few months ago and again here in this thread. I proved about 5 lies you made about me personally... not to mention the ones others proved about political policy. What did you do soldier? You went away with your tail between your legs. Now you come in here throwing conspiracy theories and saying you know me from other places. YOU HAVE LIED. Period. Feel sorry for me all you want but you cannot call me a liar or a liberal.

This stuff isn't personal, maybe you have good excuses for fibbing and stretching the truth, who knows; who cares? If you have some sort of pertenant intellect other than personal attacks please jump in, otherwise straighten it up before we both end up in a mess with Stu. I'll respect you without exagerating anything.. if you lie I will be bold enough to say so. If I sicken you because I am not overseas then please tell me so. Keep it civil and keep it truthful and there will be no problems.

Very good decision you made there Hunted One.

I look forward to hearing your side of the issues here in the Church and learning more about your viewpoints.

You've got to love a politician (or a wanna be politician) who lets other people do his dirty work for him. I don't feel sorry for myself JRB. I feel sorry for you. You lack the courage of your convictions.

Be glad son that there are people out there who don't.

nq040706.gif

Hahahaha, thats awesome Stu. It'd be even better if there were an NRA flag hanging outside to let you know everybody inside is packin'! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

THO, how many times do I need to say that I'm glad there are people out there fighting for me? How many times to I have to thank you personally? How many times do I need to explain my decision and how many times do I need to tell you that it may be completely unfounded in your eyes. You seem to be a single issue complainer... you've got one leg to stand on and that is that you have legitimately served in the Armed Forces. We will all take a moment to bow in your presence, after that we're going to have to get on with serious dialogue.

Did anyone read the link HoosierDaddy posted about John Kerry... if so, remember all that "I was in Viet Nam" talk and how funny and repeditive it was? Just sit back and soak it in because we've got JFK junior in the room now and no amount of self gloating and our worship will tame his ego.

Speaking of self-gloating Stu, I got stuck outside Old Navy waiting on the wife yesterday and walked over to Walden Books. Of corse Billy Boys memiors were standing out front, 25% off. I grabbed one and stood there five minutes... I read page 8 and 9 trying to find that first mention of the sexual relations... couldn't find em'. I was kinda in a hurry so I might of missed it but I wonder where his first reference really is... I read the first page plus 8 and 9. No mention in there at all. It starts out talking about how he was fresh out of law school and ready to take on the world... if they cut it down to 90% off and offer a free subscription to Buckmasters with It I may purchase it... until then I'll keep nitpicking it on the newstands! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Even the tough bikers do not want to listen to that hogwash!! hah
As for scary...I think I meant hateful to be honest; and most likely should have just used that word, but I was attempting to avoid another touchy debate. (which I WILL avoid if you all DO start it). I have seen quite a bit of hate mongering here, but have chosen to keep my mouth closed about it because it is obvious to me that would REALLY be a waste of typing!
I do not think that being a conservative or liberal has ANYTHING to do with hatefulness. I am referring to the anti gay bashing...the anti Muslim talk...anything that generalizes a group of people. I will say it again!!!!! Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his mocassins.

Don't think it was actually a sexual reference. If I recall the article, it was there that he first mentioned a woman, but not anything explicit.

Jane, you should go run UNICEF and quit worrying with us lowly coyote hunters/politicians. We obviously can't achieve your level of intellegence and lubby dubbyness. (Is that a real phrase or did I make it up?) LOL!

Stu, those two pages were all about his wife, his daughter and his mother. Definatly involved with women, but no sexual references... I didn't get the lead up or aftermath of the short storyline but in general he was yapping about how he has the most wonderful wife and daughter in the world and he wakes up every morning to make the universe revolve around them ect ect ect. He also kept talking about his grandfather... in all three pages I read plus the cover on the back.

you've got one leg to stand on and that is that you have
Yup. but at least I am still standing JRB. Not cowering behind my job, my family, my wife, my education....

speaking of sounding like a politician, that kind of sounds a lot like...can I say his name on this board? Bill Clinton.

You picked a good role modle sonny. You two related?

Back