someone's favorite Marine

LadyJane,

Don’t fall into the trap.

This story is fishy for a lot of reasons but don’t knowingly or unknowingly question the integrity of our troops. That’s exactly what the terrorists want us to do. If they see infighting in our press and in web sites like ours they’ll only get emboldened and we’ll only see more.

They are actively seeking to capture a US female solder, not just to kill her right away but to play our media right up till November 3rd hoping Kerry gets elected and then they’ll kill her anyway.

I’m not accusing you of politics when it comes to our troops but that is the angle the bad guys are playing for lets not assist them.

Steve

President: LadyJane Fan Club

Edit for typo... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Of course it may NOT be true...but it has seemed weird since the beginning. I suppose in time we will know for sure!

I'd like let everyone know I'm clearing my throat.. uhhhhummm uhhhhummm.. preparing for a big "I TOLD YOU SO" about this cat. It seemed fishy from the beginning and there are bound to be more situations like this. Everyone must understand that this is an EXTREMELY rare case (if it ends up being true) and shouldn't reflect on the rest of our soldiers.

This is like the abuse scandal... a few nitwits that can't be trusted with that much responsibility. I know people overseas right now and I must shake my head at their immaturity and irresponsibility. There are soldiers caught up every day in rapes, robberies and other ignorant and unacceptable behavior. That doesn't change my view of the United States Military in anyway. When you pull hundreds of thousands of young people together its impossible to keep them all under control. Its amazing the dicipline they have as a group... if 20 my military friends get together back home for some beer it turns into a ryatt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can't imagine a small mid-eastern country full of em'! haha

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Big salute to our soldiers and a big finger to the media who loves to find the exceptions to the rule for their cover stories! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'm not going to believe anything until we have real data.

If the guy did indeed promise to quit the marines and they turned him loose, that's half of it. What he does after release is the other half.
A captured soldier has a duty to escape if possible. If he was released and didn't go back, then he's a deserter. If he goes back to the corps and reports for duty, I would see this as a tactic to regain his freedom and see no problem with it.

As we don't even know if he's alive, all is speculation.

That is all true Stu, I'm also working off the fuzzy information about him beign a deserter before his capture. He walked off and left his post, weather he meant to join up with these terrorist clowns or not... his exit is still unexplianed. I hope he makes it home alive, but I think he's got some splainin' to do.

I'm sure we'll be hearing more about this as it becomes available... they've been right on top of this story so far. Unlike the recent chemical weapons and minimized violence in the region.

Back