Oklahoma Hog Hunting???

Was wondering if anyone that lives in the Sooner State know anything about any good fitters and places from land owners that are some good places to do some hog hunting and maybe a coyote stand and even public hunting areas??? My cousin has a couple of deer leases and was planning on hunting there but the guy that owns the land doesn't want no one shooting at any hogs because of bow season just starting up. I will be in Yukon to the 5th till the 11th so any help or info will be much apperciated. Thanks!

Im not from the sooner state but I have hunted hogs in Oklahoma.
I went with All About U Ranch in Pauls Valley OK.
One of the best hunts I've been on. First class operation all the way. Lots of hogs, great food, their little cabins are very comfortable, they treat you like you are a family member there. They have alot of leased land to hunt. http://allabouturanch.com/
Key

Hey thanks keyston44, I will look them up tomorrow when I get down there. Was it fair chase or high fence hog hunting? I wouldn't mind the high fence but rather go out to a population of them free roaming and that ranchers are having problems with them. But would be nice to full up my coolers! Thanks again keyston44.

Glad you posted the question. I've also been looking for some place in Oklahoma to go. I looked at their website, $200 per hog is a little steep for hogs for me. I hope to maybe look in the on line classified for a rancher or farmer looking for some hog control at a good price.

All About U Ranch hunts over feeders and spot and stalk on free range hogs. They do have a fenced area for different types of hunting like with a knife if your so inclined but that wasn't available when I was down there.

It's been my experience that all ranches and land owners that have a hog problem are looking to make money off their hog problem. They don't just give you permission to shoot them like coyotes or prairie dogs. They want money too, but don't want the liability of hunters on their property. Key

Just about any farmer that has hogs on it will prolly let you hunt there. As for ALL ABOUT U RANCH don't spend your money there. Most of the hogs are cull pigs from domestics. Its mostly high fence and what isn't high fence that they say they lease, your trespassing. I have lived in the area were they hunt all my life and know a lot of people that own land around them. Have saw them first hand trespass and have heard from countless landowners that they have had to run them off there land for hunting deer and hogs without permission. If you don't want your hog you kill it's ok they will dispose of it in the creek on land they don't own or lease I watched it happen and so did the landowner and after they lied about it the sheriff was called and they sure went and removed them then. There wasn't a hog problem in that area until they came in and started turning hogs out now there all over the place in that area. How bout there goat hunts that are tame goats they bought at the sale barn. Key I'm glad you had a good experience with them but just be careful because the landowners around them are fed up with the trespassing and turning loose of hogs (which is illegal in OK) many of them are just waiting for the chance to get to call the Wildlife Department and Game Wardens. That place is a joke I could tell you so much more about it but it would take hours. Sorry I rambled on. Just be careful if you do use them.

Originally Posted By: ryan85Just about any farmer that has hogs on it will prolly let you hunt there. As for ALL ABOUT U RANCH don't spend your money there. Most of the hogs are cull pigs from domestics. Its mostly high fence and what isn't high fence that they say they lease, your trespassing. I have lived in the area were they hunt all my life and know a lot of people that own land around them. Have saw them first hand trespass and have heard from countless landowners that they have had to run them off there land for hunting deer and hogs without permission. If you don't want your hog you kill it's ok they will dispose of it in the creek on land they don't own or lease I watched it happen and so did the landowner and after they lied about it the sheriff was called and they sure went and removed them then. There wasn't a hog problem in that area until they came in and started turning hogs out now there all over the place in that area. How bout there goat hunts that are tame goats they bought at the sale barn. Key I'm glad you had a good experience with them but just be careful because the landowners around them are fed up with the trespassing and turning loose of hogs (which is illegal in OK) many of them are just waiting for the chance to get to call the Wildlife Department and Game Wardens. That place is a joke I could tell you so much more about it but it would take hours. Sorry I rambled on. Just be careful if you do use them.

Dad gummed Okies...

Well I'm going with Riverview Ranch by Ada, OK. Really enjoyed talking to the guy on the phone and gave me tons of info. But I will let yall know how it is and goes. And thanks for that heads up about U Ranch, glad that they didn't pick up their phone when I tried to call, LOL...

Jim87,
I'm glad you found an outfitter that fills your needs.

As far as All About U Ranch, I think ryan85's reveiw of them is wrong. He is the only person I have ever seen say anything like that. Maybe they are that way? I never seen it. But then you can't please all the people all the time. Just like the review of them on Bowsite, one pissed off person doesn't take away from all the good reveiws.
http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/OUTFITTERREPORTS/outfitter.cfm

Key

Key, It ain't a review its what happens. I have lived around that area my whole life, I knew the man that owned the land. All ABOUT U inherited the land they do own. There is so much more I wish could be told but I don't have the time or the space to tell it all. Think what you want book some more hunts with them, when your caught trespassing hollar at me I know a lot of the county sheriff deputies and I'll try and get you out of it.

Originally Posted By: ryan85Key, It ain't a review its what happens. I have lived around that area my whole life, I knew the man that owned the land. All ABOUT U inherited the land they do own. There is so much more I wish could be told but I don't have the time or the space to tell it all. Think what you want book some more hunts with them, when your caught trespassing hollar at me I know a lot of the county sheriff deputies and I'll try and get you out of it.

Thanks for posting the info, as always the locals usually always know what is going on. Can you recomend a rancher or farmer to contact that charges reasonable fees??

Originally Posted By: ARDavePay for a hog hunt? They had better git rid of them before THEY are paying someone to hunt them.

Yeap actually paid for a hog hunt! I didn't really want to but I went down there the wrong time of the season (bow season). Already have plans with 3 other buddies in February going down there on some deer leases for "free" plus don't need a hunting license to hunt hogs there in Okie.

But did have a great time where I was and the place I actually hunted (nothing like high fence crap or sitting by a feeder) but most of the time that's how they hunt, by feeders and wait for the hogs to show up. This ranch had about 320 acres and he had only about 70 hogs, usually he runs over 200 hogs from January to March. So he said it was going to be some hard hunting plus all the brush still growing and 3-5 feet tall grass. It was 3 day 2 nights with an awesome nice huge cabin and any size hog for $300 bucks, which I thought wasn't too bad because staying in the cabin. And the rancher let me hunt yotes, cats, coons, beavers, about anything that was doing damage to his land for free and at night. First day we did some scouting and helped the rancher out with some chores. We saw 4 feeder pigs around 100-150lbs but got busted by them and they were off into the brush. Second day got out into a tree stand about 7ish and watched about a dozen squirrels playing around and bucks chasing does all around the stand, which was awesome to see! After I got done calling for some yotes and nothing produced I got off the stand about 9:30 and started walking into the brush and a ridge line of a canyon looking down to see if I can find any sign (which this is my first time ever hog hunting)...

Well after walking the ridge line right to the left of under a cedar tree there was a fresh bedding area all formed out in the dirt so I was thinking maybe a hog? Kept walking about 10 yards and the right to me under another cedar tree some roots were all tore up from the ground and looked really fresh and I was thinking oohh ya hog! Well looking down into the canyon for hogs something in the corner of my eye I saw something move, something big and black, HOG! Huge hog! It was about maybe 10 yards away from me and he froze and I froze, pulled up my gun, took off the safety, adjusted the scope power down, lined up right below his ears and BAM! Hog just dropped like sack of rocks, huge rocks! LOL. He didn't even move an inch. It was very exciting and for my first time out I got a huge one! The guy thought I was crazy using my R-15 .223, but it sure got the job done! (55grVMAX, 25.3gr H335, Remi small primers and brass, 2.245" C.O.L) Here's a few pictures, hope yall enjoy the story and pics! Oh ya it was 300 pounder boar!!

IMG00522.jpg

IMG00524.jpg

IMG00523.jpg

IMG00525.jpg

IMG00526.jpg

He let you varmint hunt at night? Landowners can get permits to hunt hogs at night here, and coon hunting is legal, but all other varmints are illegal. The only exception that I know of is you can get permission to yote hunt at night only directly through the local game warden, but you must let him know the area you intend to hunt and you are restricted to shotgun with shot no larger than #6. That is for yote's only, no fox or bobcats at night. Glad you had a good time while you were here though, and great job on that hog!

Originally Posted By: jim87formulaWell I'm going with Riverview Ranch by Ada, OK. Really enjoyed talking to the guy on the phone and gave me tons of info. But I will let yall know how it is and goes. And thanks for that heads up about U Ranch, glad that they didn't pick up their phone when I tried to call, LOL... Do you kmow how to get ahold of them? What do you say KAG want to go to OK and shoot a hog or two?

Originally Posted By: lancebOriginally Posted By: jim87formulaWell I'm going with Riverview Ranch by Ada, OK. Really enjoyed talking to the guy on the phone and gave me tons of info. But I will let yall know how it is and goes. And thanks for that heads up about U Ranch, glad that they didn't pick up their phone when I tried to call, LOL... Do you kmow how to get ahold of them? What do you say KAG want to go to OK and shoot a hog or two?

The website is www.riverviewok.com and his name his Keith.

Originally Posted By: RRA223He let you varmint hunt at night? Landowners can get permits to hunt hogs at night here, and coon hunting is legal, but all other varmints are illegal. The only exception that I know of is you can get permission to yote hunt at night only directly through the local game warden, but you must let him know the area you intend to hunt and you are restricted to shotgun with shot no larger than #6. That is for yote's only, no fox or bobcats at night. Glad you had a good time while you were here though, and great job on that hog!

You are exactly right about the night hunting thing but I guess he's good friends with the game warden and he let him know what I was planning on doing. Which he said he does lose a lot of money to predators which I tried to help out but the grass and brush was so high and thick so couldn't do much, but tried.

Originally Posted By: CatkillerPlenty of hogs at Three Rivers -Honobia Creek public hunting area.

Where's that located at? Plan on going back down in Feburary.

Back