Wife got a bear down !

Yotes2Call

Well, been having several bear hit my bait lately. Got some posts of the trail cam pics on here.

A nice one kept coming in the last few days starting Thurs. the 2nd, so my wife decided she wanted to get one. He looked to be over 5 foot long, 29 - 31 inches tall and in the 250 - 300 lb. range.

DSC002531.JPG

DSC002542.JPG

The one big one hitting the bait never shows in daylight at all yet, so I figured this would be a great bear for her first one.
We got her license and headed up the mtn. Saturday afternoon. A couple of long nights on the stand and finally it worked out with him showing up on Labor day evening about 6:39

She got him last night at 112 yards with her Ruger .280, 140 Hornady bulet. We have over 5 minutes of video before she shot the bear. Really good watching ! She made a great shot on him and here is the result.

Aimee_Bear.JPG

would rather call or spot and stalk myself... but in this area last year, ranchers lost 110 confirmed sheep kills ! not to mention the ones they didn't find ....

Congrats to you guys. I bet it was awesome watching her take down such a great animal. I'm still waiting for the 5 minutes of video!!!

went up yesterday to check the bait and another bear just like the one my wife took is on the trail cam pics. Along with a 5 point bull elk and a raccoon...
thumbup1.gif

Congrats to your wife, Was just down close to your area hunting elk. Stayed in story and took that trail up. Beautiful country, wished I woulda seen a bear while down there. Few Moose, elk and lots of deer however.

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeGirls with guns...and all on video. Can't beat that Scott.

Tell her congrats.

Tony

will do Tony ! I'll try to post some of the video up soon. when I get a free couple hours to put it on the 'puter.
crazy.gif

Back