Recent Trail Cam Recomendations

DoubleCK

I am about to pull the trigger.

Anyone have any suggestions/info for me that have not been covered in previous posts?

Many Thanks!

I haven't had any luck with the WildGame camera ir4d either, it works for about a hour and then nothing. I liked the Moultrie i-45 until it got stolen, and so far the Moultrie D-55 has been great except for a couple black pictures. I got a stealthcam rogue and it has great battery life and takes good pictures for what I need. My buddy has a cuddeback and it takes great pictures from what I have seen, the only thing he doesn't like about it is battery life is 2 weeks but I am sure that can be changed depending on the settings.

Yeah I second the wildgame cameras not being good. I have 2 that have a battery life of 2 maybe 3 days. Just don't have the money right now to upgrade. Think I may look into those bushnell cameras.

Thanks for the suggestions.

ZB, Price is always relevant. However, I am trying to get up to speed on these gadgets as I know little about them. What I want to do is try some out and find what works best for me. Looking for some "Bang for my Buck" and hope to try and keep my money together during the learning process.

What Trail Cam were you thinking of If you don't mind me asking?

I am loving my $99 Stealth Cam Rogue IR. might not be on sale still, but it is a great camera for the money.

just picked it up and have 1000's of bear pictures already. Been running it since Aug. 13th and have great day and night pics !

pict01831.jpg

pict01962.jpg

pict0230.jpg

pict0237.jpg

PICT00491.JPG

Fast Triggr speed and a quick reset time.

I hate my Steathcam Rogue IR, trigger speed is too slow and it takes 1 full minute to reset and be ready for the next series of pics/video.

t/c223encore

Not trying to hijack this thread but I have been reading up on the Buckeye Cam but is it really worth it? I keep having to answer this question, what am I using this camera for? If I just want to get an idea on traffic and what is in the area then I would be ok going up to a $200 camera, but if I want to see every thing that walks by then I would go with something with a fast trigger speed, but if I want to stay out of an area then a wireless camera would probably be my best bet.

seems like a rip off. I mean you have to go back into the area if you want to move the camera. Just go in about 2:00 in the afternoon and you should be fine.

Originally Posted By: lukeynI agree. I have the stealth rogue, its alright on a spot where there gonna be for a little bit, like a bait pile or in the case of deer a scrape, but on trails it sucks. I just bought another one. I'm spending less than a hundred Primos truth 35.

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=2

Good link you posted !
thumbup.gif

Thanks for all the help guys.

I ended up going with a CuddeBack as it seems to have a fast trigger speed for those trail setting w/o bait.

Getting lots of fun pics. This one is the most interesting.

TCCoyote.jpg

CK you changed your avatar so I didn't even realize it was you. How is that pup doing?

What model did you get? I am looking for one now as well.

Back