New Frontier Armory 6x45 range report.

MPFD

I bought my $450 New Fontier Armory 6x45 upper about a week and a half ago. I got the redding dies form Midway and have been enjoying shooting bliss ever since.
SDC11063.jpg

Well I got a scope on it and decided right off it was a shooter with the first load I tried (6x45 on the right).
SDC11079.jpg

I started off 100 yard lazered on a blanket resting on a backpack I take calling.
SDC11080.jpg

This was the first cold bore three shot group. It was windy the evening I sighted it in so I moved it 5 clicks left.
SDC11084.jpg

This was the next nine shot having never got up just squeezed off the next nine in less then a minute, so I turned it back right a click and called it good.

Last edited:
This is still less then 30 rounds through the rifle, and not cleaned yet. I'm hopeing it will clean well, I've never had polygonal rifleing before.

18" yes sir. I'm shooting a 70 grain Sierra Matchking HPBT with the (Sierra's hunting load) of AA2015.

Last edited:
I like the looks of the barrel without a flashhider. How loud is the 18 incher without the FH? I have had good luck with 2015 in my 223. It is a little faster than, say, Benchmark, so, I would think that you would get a little quieter report.

Oh, also, is it a rifle or carbine length gas tube?

kevlars

Great shooting, and glad its working well for you!

We have been VERY happy with the performance of the Black Hole Weaponry bbls. After seeing what the 18" bbl can do, many of you might understand why we were shocked that most are waiting for the heavier, longer 20" bbl.

Keep on shooting!!

Originally Posted By: kevlarsI like the looks of the barrel without a flashhider. How loud is the 18 incher without the FH? I have had good luck with 2015 in my 223. It is a little faster than, say, Benchmark, so, I would think that you would get a little quieter report.

Oh, also, is it a rifle or carbine length gas tube?

kevlars

Its a mid length low profile gas block that fits nicely under the rifle length free floating hand guard.
The report is fine, much quieter then my old upper (16" with a comp) I am totally in love.
It's not to heavy the barrel is a nice contour and it shoots better then I can.

Did I mention those where straight dumps from my Lee Powder thrower, I measured the first 5-8 and they were all about perfect so I just got to straight dumping into the cases...

Sounds nice. Did you take the flash hider off and put on the thread protector?

I know what you mean about the Lee powder measure. Mine is real accurate, as well. I am more than happy with it's performance.

Kevlars

No the barrel has a recess for a flash hider but it was never threaded. The Barrel is not an Hbar or Govt profile. It is .750 from end to end near as I can tell.
Makes for an easy carrying rifle, and plenty accurate enough for the girls I go with...

Last edited:
I was hopeing for 3000 with my 70 grain bullet and 25 g. AA2015. Have not got a chance to chrono it yet. Probably need to shoot and clean it a few time before I find out how slow it is, it might lose it's confidence... Those are nice groups. BIG FAN OF BLACK HOLE!!!!

Last edited:
Back