coyote with a slingshot

crowpopper

Well season for yotes opens here on oct,1st
i am stoked to go hunting
now i have a new toy also
http://www.chiefaj.com/slingshot_hunting.htm
i have the HFX
i plan to take a yote with it this year and ill keep yall posted on the progress with this endevour
these slingshots are very powerfull with the bands i have it is pulling between 50 and 60 lbs
shooting arrows over 200 fps
hopefully soon ill have a yote under my belt with a slingshot

I have to admit, seeing the pics of taking pheasants with a slingshot is astonishing!! Man, you'd have to be a heck of a good marksman...I have trouble shooting them with a shotgun sometimes.LOL

And I wish you lots of good luck taking a coyote with one. I really do.
But I'm betting it'll be dang hard.

I always wanted to see someone take a coyote with a crossbow, but if it's ever happenned, no one has claimed responsibility.

i have shot a few yotes and fox with my recurve and compound so i think it is feasable
as for the pheasnt shot yeah thats crazy
i practice alot in the back yard and soda cans at 20 yds are not a big deal

Unique idea. As another poster said, shooting the pheasants with a slingshot is quite a feat. If he can do that with some degree of regularity it is all the more impressive.

Another case demonstrating that people at the top of their area of interest do really amazing things. Don

Originally Posted By: crowpopperWell season for yotes opens here on oct,1st
i am stoked to go hunting
now i have a new toy also
http://www.chiefaj.com/slingshot_hunting.htm
i have the HFX
i plan to take a yote with it this year and ill keep yall posted on the progress with this endevour
these slingshots are very powerfull with the bands i have it is pulling between 50 and 60 lbs
shooting arrows over 200 fps
hopefully soon ill have a yote under my belt with a slingshot

I seen a show on either Outdoor channel or the Sportsmans channel the other day where a guy killed a hog with one!

what's next, ninja stars?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: wahoowadwhat's next, ninja stars?
laugh.gif

Well, if they opened a special season, I would have to try. Would you group with three or five throws?
John

When I lived back on the East coast the deer were so plentiful and so tame I had no doubt I could have taken one with a spear. It was common to be working on a piece of equipment at my shop and have 5 deer watching within 20 feet.

Jack

well i wish deer were like that here lol
the Dept of Enviro cons states that in the adirondacks where i hunt it is a .2 deer per square mile
i believe it also
not a whole lota deer around but some big yotes wonder why lol

I can understand why so many of the old timers left this board someone posts something a little different than everybody else and he gets jumped on by all the same old bunch of guys that if I don't use it then by gawd it ain;t right, its like a pack of rabid dogs one starts in and the rest go nuts with the stupid comments. And out comes the ethic natzis.[beeep] if you want to use an airgun get after it . I guess my 17 rem aint big enough either.So get to pileing on I could care less..... This post moved to Coyote with an air rifle....Boy am I a Dum ASSSS

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JC someone posts something a little different than everybody else and he gets jumped on by all the same old bunch of guys that if I don't use it then by gawd it ain;t right, its like a pack of rabid dogs one starts in and the rest go nuts with the stupid comments. And out comes the ethic natzis.[beeep] if you want to use an airgun get after it . I guess my 17 rem aint big enough either.So get to pileing on I could care less.....

WTH?

That damm sure has been known to happen. I didn't see it taking place in this thread.
unsure.gif

Are you sure you got this posted in the right place?
w00t.gif

I watched a deal on tv about that chief guy and his slingshot. he is unbelievable with that thing. What ever he shot at he hit. And a lot of the shots were not close neither. I could not even start to think how many projectiles he has launched to get where hes at. Hes just dam good

Good luck with your project crow that would be one heck of a achievement. Keep us up to data on how it goes.

Last edited:
Don't think "slingshot", think "broadhead going 200fps".

A broadhead going 200fps with any sort of weight behind it is going to leave a boo-boo.

Last edited:
Back