Range Report Help!! asap

but im going back out this weekend so ill try it again

i plan on trying to take it by the gun smith this week

and if i can sell my pistol i will probily buy that burris mount or something like it

Originally Posted By: lon0121
i know this sighting in crap can get frustrating!

I can't say that I've ever found *sighting in* frustrating.

In fact I've always enjoyed it. I find a certain satisfaction in starting off with a new rig, not knowing exactly where it's going to hit with the first pull of the trigger, to knowing precisely where it's going to hit with every pull of the trigger.

But I also don't ever recall it taking me more than about 6 to 8 rounds to get one sighted in either. I most likely would get frustrated after 50 rounds down range and still ain't got er done. Guess I've been lucky.
wink.gif

on my bolt guns it didnt take many rounds eaither

ill have to start all over with them since i yanked the scopes off them.

i also thought of trying a lower grain bullet in the ar like a 40 grain or something but i plan on grabbing a box of hornadys

About how many rounds do you have down the tube. I say this because most of my ares really didn't start grouping under an inch and half until I had around 200+ down the tube. 1 1/2 with fmj is not bad. get some black hills and see what they will do.

yeah the black hills ill have to order i thoguht i might try hornady first but i hear alot of good things about black hills

ok i had mentioned earlier about my handguard issue saying it was tiwsted. so i have replace the handguard and it is still twisted the new one is.

i really thing the barrel might be tiwsted in some sort of way

the pics are not the best but here is couple

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii142/CD82_photos/ar-15/DSCN0168.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii142/CD82_photos/ar-15/DSCN0167.jpg

i can try an get a better one but the second one if u look hard enough u can tell its twisted to the right

There are so many responses here that I just glanced through them and this may have alredy been covered. You might to check your scope to make sure the reticles are optically centered before you mount.

1. If the scope has an AO adjustment, dial it to infinity.

2. If it has variable power, dial it to the lowest setting

3. Get a flat mirror and place it under a light

4. Place the end of the scope on the mirror and adjust your
distance from the eyepiece until you see two sets of reticles.(you probably will)

5. If you see two sets, then the reticles are not centered. Adjust the windage and elevation knobs until the two sets of reticles are lined up on top of each other.

6. Once they are aligned on top of each other they are optically centered.

Shoot a 25 yard target and see what you get.

If you are way out and you run out of reticle adjustment you might try to recenter it and move your POI with adjustable rings first.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-zee-s...tyle-bases.html

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-signature-pos-align-offset-insert-kits-individual-inserts.html

Just my two cents.......and it looks like that might make a dollar now on this thread.

i did the mirrior and the reticale thing an got them stright.

but i still think something is bent or something isnt right. cause im looking down the falt top of the gun and. its not even with the gasblock looks like its off. also looks like the gas tube might be bent some aswell.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: lon0121
i know this sighting in crap can get frustrating!

I can't say that I've ever found *sighting in* frustrating.

I'm a bolt guy and it seldom takes more than a half dozen rounds for me to sight one of them in. A couple at 25 and the rest at 100. However, with my first AR and scope, it was not so easy. One trip to the range, one trip here for advise and the next trip to the range did it.

The second AR was a breeze with the iron sights and the directions that DPMS sends with the gun. The second time with that AR and iron sights was another story. I thought I remembered what the directions said but I was wrong.

The bottom line for me is with the scope and barrel in different time zones like they are on an AR, it is a whole new ball game. There's a lot of good advise here!

If you ever get out towards Mineral Wells I would be glad to help you out with your AR, I get out to Abilene sometimes maybe we could get together so I could help you out...

CD HAVE YOU EVER CLEANED YOUR BORE?

This has been asked several times you haven't answered yet... Your rifle could be seriously copper fouled...

I have used the Bushnell Trophy 3x9 before it is a decent scope not the greatest glass but it would hold zero fine... I have also used them on AR's in the past with no issue...

Don't worry about the handguards being canted this will not affect accuracy.

If you don't have the proper stuff to clean your weapon take it to the shooting shop and have them do it... I am sure he will for a small price.

i didnt get to mess with it this last weekend it poured rain all day saturday. and sunday it was just to muddy to get out to the shootin range.

Back