Wife's 3rd shotgun yote!

thegunsmith2506

We went out to do a little deer scouting today and decided to make a few stands. About 10:00 we were on our second stand in a narrow wash. Less then 10min into the stand I looked up on the side of the wash, and there was a coyote staring at the call and decoy. I pointed him out to my wife, and she made a great shot. He was 42yds away, she was shooting 1-5/8oz 3in lead BB's. He was 26 lbs, and starting to fur up pretty good. The bad thing..... Her scope hit her during recoil and left a nasty gash.

DSC03411.jpg

Originally Posted By: johralThat's why I went for an Aimpoint mounted out on the front of the receiver!

Nice job.

Yup... Already started shopping for one

Congrat's to her! She isn't the only one to ever get kissed by the scope, so it certainly isn't her "fault" in any way. I hope she takes the event in good humor and it doesn't dissuade her from going out again. Burris Fast Fire II would be my choice if I was going to mount glass on my shotgun.

After a few more of those she will have a big enough scar she won't even notice. Yeah, Right. Yeah, Right. OUCH. Been there.

Mom always said you'll heal up before you die.

I think it adds character to a person.

TONY

Originally Posted By: GCCongrat's to her! She isn't the only one to ever get kissed by the scope, so it certainly isn't her "fault" in any way. I hope she takes the event in good humor and it doesn't dissuade her from going out again. Burris Fast Fire II would be my choice if I was going to mount glass on my shotgun.

She took it pretty well. Wouldn't let me go get the yote untill she was ready to with me. I am sure she will be back out there as soon as we get her shotgun fixed. We will check out the Fast Fire II before we settle on something.

Congrats to your wife!!
And injuries like that are the reason I don't put scopes on shotguns. Never have.
I always just use either basic slug/rifle sights, or ghost ring-type sights on shotguns.
Even for the ones I shoot birds with.

Originally Posted By: thegunsmith2506 We will check out the Fast Fire II before we settle on something.

Check out the Burris Speed Dot 135 too. I had one and it's a high quality sight.

Bummer about the gash, but it happens to the best of us! I got whacked across the bridge of the nose last turkey season and I've been shooting almost 50 years.
laugh.gif

And congratulations on the yote!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:

Check out the Burris Speed Dot 135 too. I had one and it's a high quality sight.

Like Jeff said the Burris Speed Dot 135 is high quality, and hard to beat.

Tell your wife CONGRATULATION on the Yote. Now she has something else to tell all the Ladies about.

Back