Dtech AR Delivery

Got mine Friday, man is it sweet. I sent my scope off for a reticle change and feel it's sacreligious to post any pics of it naked. So as soon as I have some glass on it I will show her off.

Originally Posted By: Dtech
Don't get me wrong. As it's been pointed out by a couple of folks that have not ordered from me, "13 months is a long time" and I am very grateful for those that have waited. I don't like long lead-times anymore than anyone else. I just have to try and figure out a way to get the lead-times down, and keep them down. I don't want to ever have to move my shop again, or see an election like we did a few years ago.

Amen to the election issues. Yeah the wait time is a long time for a very good reason, Dedicated Technology builds absolutely fantastic rifles and has even more fantastic after the sale customer service. I bought a .223 upper from ole Mike and it was the most accurate rifle of any kind I had ever owned. At the time I wanted the .204 upper and could not afford it as the barrels were more expensive so I settled for the .223. After 15 months I decided I would sell the .223 upper and get a .204 from Mike. When I called the wait time was 7 months, being impatient and wanting it now I called another former sponsor here who had a much smaller lead time of 3 weeks and got the same component upper as Mike could have got me. I SHOULD HAVE NEVER SETTLED. I wish i had never sold the .223 DTech upper I had and I should have been patient and went through Mike anyways.

The new .204 was chopping brass the first time, and then it would not feed when I got it back. Sure the smith said send it back and I will send you a check back for your shipping charges with the repaired upper. I never saw the shipping charges returned to me by the smith on wither occasion I had to send it back. And yes it shoots fine now, but the quality of the product and service was less than you will get with Mike. I never had problem one with the Dtech product itself. I had chambering problems at first called Mike he said push the shoulder back on the brass a bit and you will be set. Sure enough 5 Minutes later the problem was fixed and shooting very well. MORE THAN WORTH THE WAIT.

It took about 11 months. I have had the rifle for two weeks, then I had to work up the courage to figure out how to post pictures again! 20 Tactical, and the scope on it is just for load development, will wearing something much smaller soon! Well worth the wait, only had it out twice. So far it likes 40 grain bergers. Going to try the 50 grain bergers this weekend. Chris
Picture978.jpg

Picture977.jpg

Picture975.jpg

Picture976.jpg

Yes it's a 1:9 twist. The rifle shot the 40's very well with minimal work on my part. Not sure how the 50's will do, but I am going to find out! Chris

I ordered and received mine some time ago but haven't posted. They are AWESOME. I had the .25 shooting sub MOA but have a scope issue, charge issue (beam scale) or plain old don't know much about cleaning as it was DIRTY. Gonna get those 75 grain Vmax bullets shooting back to 3490 fps and head out to NoDak with it.

DSCF3088.jpg

DSCF3092.jpg

As for the 6x45, I only have 20 rounds down the tube. I ran 20 rounds of 60 gr Sierra HP's (thanks to knockemdown) over AA 2015 through the barrel. Shots 16-20 (higher charge) [beeep] near went into one hole. I've now got it completely scrubbed down (free of copper) and will be converting it to Moly. Gonna start with 70 grain SBK's and AA 2015. It will be sporting an ACE stock and a Bushnell 4200 Elite 2.5-10x40 optic for this coming winter yote hunts.

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

Those custom comps are Sssswwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Just got mine a few weeks ago. It's a 25 wssm, 22" fluted Shilen barrel with integral compensator. It's light, looks great and shoots even better. Just getting started with load development, but already had a 3 shot group that measured .133 and some 5 shot groups around 1/2 inch. The compensator works great. This rifle has about 1/4 the recoil of my 25-06 bolt gun and does not seem any louder. Delivery time was 8 months. To have a super accurate AR with the knock-down power of a 25-05 and very little recoil was well worth the wait.

Otterods, That is one sweet stick! Post some pics of how it shoots as soon as you can. I'm at the beginning of the waiting process as I ordered a 25 wssm yesturday. Of course I already have 1 dtech I can shoot till the new one arrives.
smile.gif

I received my 25 wssm on the 14th of Dec, 11 months to the day after ordering. 22" SUM fluted, no comp.

SDC10090.jpg

And here is a target I just shot with 87 gr and 100 gr Sierras and also my first attempt with 80 gr Barnes TTSX and Big Game in the lower right corner. I should be able to dial those in a little more. The barrel is really starting to get broke in and fouls very little. The only thing lacking so far is speed, all loads are 150 to 200 fps slower than book. But speed isn't everything!

SDC10091.jpg

Back