Silver Bear Ammo & Bimetal bullets

Alec

I just recived in the mail today 120 rounds of the Silver Bear .223 62 grain "Bimeatal" HP, with zink plated steel cases. No where on the box does it say 5.56X45 so it is a true .223 Remington AR-15 round. I was going to use it in breaking in my new R-15 and then start loading the good stuff later. The reviews on Cheaper then Dirt.com are pretty good. It also states on the description of the product that the bullet (not case) will attract a magnet. Maybe I can use them for shooting ducks (just jokeing). I dident notice this before I ordered them and now am a little worried.
If the bullet has ferious iron or steel in it, then I would think it, would accelerate wearing out the throat & bore.
Whats is a Bimetal bullet anyone?? Does anyone like this stuff, and/or think its safe for the barrel? Alec

Update: I decided to put a magnet on the bullet. It attracts so strong that I can't tell if a pair of side cutters atracts the magnet more or less then the bullet. I also decided to cut two bullets in half ,not in the ogive but thickes part, one of these .223 Silver Bears, and a 55 grain .22 cal V-Max. Although un- scientific I'll compare how hard it is to cut each bullet in half to determine if one is harder then the other. After having preforming this twice , about 5 minutes ago, the Bimetal bullet is obviously way harder then the lead bullet. The thickness of the copper/or guilding metal plating seems about the same on both bullets, really thin. The Silver Bear Ammo is made in Russia. They must have one heck of a lot of iron ore over there if their putting it into both the bullet and case. God I hope their not puting it into their breakfest cereal!! Ok ok maybe its a comunist conspirency, when they attack all our guns will be worn out. I hope my wife doest read this, she's from the Soviet Union. Alec

I would put that stuff on the top shelf in the back and go buy some Remington 45g or 50g JHP. about $100.00 for 200 rnd of the 45g and I think 20ish for 40 rnd box of the 50g

I called either bear or wolf awhile back, and asked about the whole "bi-metal" deal. While anyone can claim anything, they claimed it is absolutely "bore-safe". I use the heck out of it, found it to be very accurate. Do see more sparks when shooting at my steel targets out back here, matter fact, the sparks even started a fire this summer. Thought I seen smoke above the target I was shootin at, sure enough, by time I got downrange my target was going up in flames.

Back