Pentax Gameseeker scopes?????

Redtail204

Has anyone tried the Pentax gameseeker scopes? I was looking at the 3-15x50mm and the 4-16x50mm. Was just trying to find a relatively decent scope for around $200.00 any other recommendations would be gladly accepted...

Thanks!

I have no love for the Pentax Gameseeker.

Now I do have 3 old model Pentax Pioneers wich are basically Burris Fullfield II's. They're decent scopes.

If SWFA still has those Burris 3-9 Timberlines for $120.00 that'd be my choice!

you can also find the old Phillipines made 4.5-14 #89620 Pentax Pioneer on close out at BESTBUY'S. just search Pentax on there site. around $135.00.

That's a decent deal if ya compare it to a Burris FFII 4.5-14!

I have a 4-12X40 Gameseeker on a 300 Savage M1936 Mexican mauser sporter. Chuckle, paid less than $70 for it when I found it in a store on clearance, with another sign saying "take another 25% off, and I had a coupon for another 20% off any purchase of any one item over $75, which store honored on the scope. LOL But I think Sportsmans Guide now has it for about same price.

Rifle has about 60 rounds of low recoil 300 Savage with Pentax on it and no problems with internals. Glass is decent.

The Pentax pioneer mentioned earlier, sounds interesting. Wonder if same Philippines plant my Intensity came out of....which has some darn good optics in it.

Check the Nitrex TR1s and TR2s at Natchez Shooters Supply....use their search to find them.
Natchez has a number of discontinued Nitrex and Nitrex has a $50 or $100 rebate program. These are same as Weaver Grand Slams or Super Slams......really very good glass on them. May be able to find one of these in your price range....just got a 3-15X42 SF TR2 from Natchez for $218 and its is a heck of a scope for this price. Ziess Conquest guy at range last Sunday very surprised at the scope when he examined it and viewed thru lens, especially when I told him its price.

Last edited:
I dont have any experience with Pentax scopes but for the price range your looking for you can pick up a Nikon Prostaff 4-12-40 or Leupold Rifleman for a little bit more.

my dad (headshot25-06) has 3x9 gameseeker on his ruger m77 25-06 and he loves it. im sure he will stop by and give his review on it.

Not sure about the Gameseeker, but I have an original Pioneer with the ballistic plex reticle and I'm very happy with it. I believe the Pioneer II scopes are made in China and are not even close to the original.

Originally Posted By: Sock PuppetNot sure about the Gameseeker, but I have an original Pioneer with the ballistic plex reticle and I'm very happy with it. I believe the Pioneer II scopes are made in China and are not even close to the original.

yep. Pioneer II's are Chinese made now. That's why you won't see the Burris Ballistic plex reticle anymore.

I have the 4X12 on my AR and it has taken some hard knocks out in the desert here in Idaho. Good glass for the money and are supposed to be lifetime warrantied also. But if you are $200 or there abouts you can get the nikon 4X12 prostaff that would be close to your specs and would serve your purpose. Better name and better glass.

But if you want to stay in the $120-140 range get a game seeker it will be fine if you are putting it on calibers ranging from .204-22-250. I have a buddy who did not like his that was mounted on a .243 as it would not keep its zero well at all. All other acquantances I have heard from on the smaller calibers have been pretty happy.

Go to fox optics on ebay and give him a call a stand up fella with a business out of his shop. He has some great deals I think I got mine for $120 shipped to my door.

I have a 'new in the box' Pentax Gameseeker I'd make you a sweet deal on. Never used it. 4 x 12 40mm I believe. This one was a new replacement I bought from a member who never used it and I haven't either. Appears to be in perfect condition...risk free to you.

Cheap Burris scopes and cheap Pentax scopes are assembled using the same parts by the same people.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skb2706

Cheap Burris scopes and cheap Pentax scopes are assembled using the same parts by the same people.

I think theres a good deal of differance between the Phillipines optics plants and Chinese optics plants, along with the people!

Back