Range Report Help!! asap

CD

I had some problems a while back, similar to yours. I bought this a Cabelas, and it solved all my problems. I think my scope was being tweaked, for lack of a better word. Good luck

Wheeler Professional Scope Mounting Kits
Item:QL-229685 at Cabelas

Mark2

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiOriginally Posted By: josebdwell i see you still havent said anything about cleaning the bore,good luck rookie

LOL

not helping at all!

I actually had this problem on my r-15 in 204 ruger. After using this kit and putting the scope back on, I was able to shoot 1/2 moa at 100 yds. But like an idiot I sold the gun, to get another rifle I did not need. I sure do miss that gun. Too many guns so little cash.

Mark2

The worst time was on my old H&R 243. They drilled tapped and mounted the base from the factory crooked as a [beeep]. I could see just with the naked eye it was all wrong.I tried using the millet rings with the adjustment, but it just did not shot good enough for me, so I sold that one too. It also had firing pin issues, but thats another story. Sorry to keep rambling.

Mark2

Originally Posted By: Mark2The worst time was on my old H&R 243. They drilled tapped and mounted the base from the factory crooked as a [beeep]. I could see just with the naked eye it was all wrong.I tried using the millet rings with the adjustment, but it just did not shot good enough for me, so I sold that one too. It also had firing pin issues, but thats another story. Sorry to keep rambling.

Mark2

buddy,
dont we have an expensive hobby lol!
wink.gif

guns, guns, guns and bows!

Yup, its like woman, you have to try them all, before you find the right one. Well maybe not all, but as many as you can. LOL

Mark2

Originally Posted By: Mark2Yup, its like woman, you have to try them all, before you find the right one. Well maybe not all, but as many as you can. LOL

Mark2

smile.gif

CD,

OK...Everyone take a breath and lets look at the problem.

It's probably not the scope itself that's causing you grief. Especially since it was true on another rifle.

It VERY well COULD be the ammo. I know Remigton 55 psp's are all over the paper in any one of my AR's but shoot lights out through my Savage bolt gun.

It well could be the mounting system. Try another. Or take the whole thing off & apart & start from scratch. Avoid binds on anything & line your crosshairs up.

It very well could be your shooting style off the bench as well. Make sure that the only thing resting on the bag is the forearm, anot any portion of the barrel.

Also let the barrel cool somewhat. 50 rounds will get a barrel too hot to touch & may cause stringing in the groups.

A chain is only as strong as the weakest link, so you have pay mind to EVERYTHING that may contribute to inaccuracy.

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarCD,

It's probably not the scope itself that's causing you grief. Especially since it was true on another rifle.

It VERY well COULD be the ammo. I know Remigton 55 psp's are all over the paper in any one of my AR's but shoot lights out through my Savage bolt gun.

It well could be the mounting system. Try another. Or take the whole thing off & apart & start from scratch. Avoid binds on anything & line your crosshairs up.

It very well could be your shooting style off the bench as well. Make sure that the only thing resting on the bag is the forearm, anot any portion of the barrel.

Also let the barrel cool somewhat. 50 rounds will get a barrel too hot to touch & may cause stringing in the groups.

A chain is only as strong as the weakest link, so you have pay mind to EVERYTHING that may contribute to inaccuracy.

good point, i forgot to mention my psp rounds are out of my single shot .223 not ar. also i didnt think of the barrel heating up! bet that might answers some problems as well?

lonnie

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarCD,

thanks for the info

and as far as fast shooting it in reply to some others
i never did that id fire about 2 or 3 rounds and stop
i was loading 5 rds at a time in the mag
i going to try some different ammo this weekend get away from some fmjs

i also noticed looking down the gun the handgurad is twisted to the right some what
im wondering if something else could be twisted an causing my issue?

Cd

When I first shoot a gun, I don't worry so much about how close to center I am, I want to see how well it groups. If you aim at the same spot each time 3 shots in a row, how tight are the groups.

Mark2

i called a shooting shop today on my lunch break he told me i need to. trying something else besides fmjs he said its probily that ammo.

and i also noticed my handguard is slatend to the right a bit im wondering if something could be twisted

I dont know what handguard you got on it but more than likely it is not the problem!

Try some good ammo and rest on the forearm like I stated before, not the barrel! and see how she does.. glade you got it on paper and when you can afford it get a good mount like a PERP or RockRiver which might be in your price range and is a good mount.

Glade your Back!

yeah im going to try an get the mount the burris one or something if i can sell my 45 im done with the pistol

ill get another pistol some day prob a 9mm in springfield xd

Back