Range Report Help!! asap

Originally Posted By: Chad WalkIm just kidding CD....I shot that group...I just thought it was a good time for a laugh in the conversation...My son is an outstanding shot for his age though...That carbine barrel will shoot just as good as the rest...Like Evil Lurker stated before 1 1/2 groups with that type ammo you are using is probably as good as its going to get until you get some better ammo....I will tell you one thing though that is not helping the situation at all and thats that stock pieace of crap trigger that comes on the DPMS, so right there alone is probably 1/2 inch of your problem...I put a Rock River National Match trigger in mine and let me tell ya, It was a big difference....Keep that rifle and when you get some extra money put you a good mount on it and then get you another trigger and some good ammo....It will be a different animal, I promise!!! Hang in there buddy!!!
wink.gif

Chad

I dont think you read my last post so I brought it on down....Like reddogg said,We are here to help...Dont go away like this....After you get the hang of this AR thing you will probably be telling us whats up...
wink.gif
Our intentions is to not run anyone off...Serious!

Chad

haha i remember my initiation here at pm lol!

honestly i know you dont want to hear this but here it goes.
i had a bsa scope that was over tweaked and it was doing the same thing yours is! 1 shot was to the left next shot was high left and the next shot......well we wont say what happened on the third shot.
i think your scope is screwy! even if you used and old one and it was doing the same thing i would bet that both were just warped scopes! take it to a smitty! he can help ya! but i promise....its your 130 dollar scope!

lonnie

my money is on something is tweaked. the riser may have him having it adjusted to far to one end or possibly putting both scopes in a bind. Same problem with 2 scopes so I would look at the riser, me and every one else on here is willing to bet a pay check it isn't the gun

Originally Posted By: Mike2my money is on something is tweaked. the riser may have him having it adjusted to far to one end or possibly putting both scopes in a bind. Same problem with 2 scopes so I would look at the riser, me and every one else on here is willing to bet a pay check it isn't the gun

+1

there is no way 2 scopes do the same thing on one rifle im sorry

its not the scopes or scope

and this isnt any kind of initiation this is trying to make someone look like a fool. im not down for that chad its not you. could be the loads could be the mounts i dont know an i dont care.

i made a msitake by posting here cause all ive done is catch a bunch of [beeep] for it and badmouthing

maybe im so used to bolt guns i want that type of shooting. i wanted to try an ar and so far its not working out for me. weather its ammo or rings or mounts an inch and a half group at 100 yards with fmjs. someone said earlier thats as good as im going to get with that ammo. ok then so be it ill try something else.

anyway im not going to set here an let someone dog me over this. if people dont want to reply with anything helpful or something then dont reply.

there is no sence in flamming someone

now there have been some great replys to this thread

ive found out ive done couple of things wrong like restng the barrel on the bags insted of the handguard.

using the magizine as a rest also

those were things i was doing and have been told they were wrong

hey cd,

come on man! this place isnt like that! guys might poke here and there with a laugh but it happends to all of us! of the guys get frustrated with you just ignore them! im just guessing is all because what your saying is what happened to me when my scopes wer tweaked! you will figure out whats wrong with it!

lonnie

and as far as the trigger goes when the time comes if i keep the gun. i think i might get a j&p adjustable trigger i think it is

but for now the trigger is ok for me

should i try a different grain bullet maybe? like a 40 grain or so?

i think that barrel is a 1 in 9 twist if im not mistaking

i personaly shoot 55gr psp rounds out of my single shot .223 and it holds nicely. id personaly take it to a gunsmith!
good luck to yA!

lonnie

i could very well be jerking when i shoot also. but i dunno

whne i can ill take it to gun smith i guess an see if something is tweaked

CD, Lock this abortion down. Go back to page 1 and 2, where there were members that were willing to help and use that advise.

Originally Posted By: rpc55CD, Lock this abortion down. Go back to page 1 and 2, where there were members that were willing to help and use that advise.

page one is talking about resighting the gunin and.
strating at a lower yardage to get it paper.
page 2 is talking about the scope which once again i know is not the problem.

im on paper i got inch and half groups at 100 yards using 55 grain FMJs umc ammo

prob could use more practice

there is some good advice on this post i have not been back to the range yet.

i still plan on trying to get a different mount set up

well its not me and because there is another shooter and its doing it for two scopes??? anyway yall keep thinking its me or the scope

ok someone shut this post down im done here

Originally Posted By: CD82well its not me and because there is another shooter and its doing it for two scopes??? anyway yall keep thinking its me or the scope

ok someone shut this post down im done here

yes you should be done here! the ones that are willing to help have already spoken, take it to your smith and he will be able to steer you in the right direction!

Originally Posted By: CD82Originally Posted By: rpc55CD, Lock this abortion down. Go back to page 1 and 2, where there were members that were willing to help and use that advise.

page one is talking about resighting the gunin and.
strating at a lower yardage to get it paper.
page 2 is talking about the scope which once again i know is not the problem.

im on paper i got inch and half groups at 100 yards using 55 grain FMJs umc ammo

prob could use more practice

there is some good advice on this post i have not been back to the range yet.

i still plan on trying to get a different mount set up

fmj's are fine for sighting in your gun! i used 55 grain fmj's from hornady 55 grain to sight mine in! then i went to the remington 55 grain psp rounds for hunting! both hit near identical in groups!

Back