Range Report Help!! asap

ok well ill try not to do that when i go out the next time. ill also grab some different ammo i dont know. how well winchester .223 ammo is. but i thought i might try that.

there was a card in the case of my gun talking about. how my rifle was designed and accuracy tested. using Remington ammo is that something to get someone to buy Remington ammo?

it does not say which type of there ammo.

Yeah, Chad, them darn kids sure can shoot! My 12 year old is a heck of a shot, too. Now don't make me feel worse and tell me he did that without optics!

Also, CD82, I think you will see some improvement if you set the forearm on the bags, too. Good Luck.

Keep us posted.

kevlars

wow i feel bad a 7 year old can out shoot me.with an AR darn the bad luck

im to used to bolt guns one holeing othere peoples shots.

like i can with my 22

now with this carbine style barrel i have on the ar. could that have any effect on it? i dont see how really chad an his sons with reloads does good. but is that a posibility

Originally Posted By: CD82i just got off the phone with my buddy who was shooting the gun also. he says the lst 5 shots that i shot were an inch and a half apart.

i was aiming at the bullzeye and eatch shot was above the bullseye. walking up and to the right

could be the mounts everything is tight

THIS MAY BE WAAAYYYY OUTSIDE THE BOX BUT HERE GOES..
scared.gif
.......walking up and to the right Is your AR 15 Semi Automatic or

Full Auto ??? Does it shoot one bullet for every pull of the trigger or does it shoot a 3-round burst?? Maybe even empty the mag ??

I had to ask... somehow I think something is not right behind the scope.
lol.gif

Im just kidding CD....I shot that group...I just thought it was a good time for a laugh in the conversation...My son is an outstanding shot for his age though...That carbine barrel will shoot just as good as the rest...Like Evil Lurker stated before 1 1/2 groups with that type ammo you are using is probably as good as its going to get until you get some better ammo....I will tell you one thing though that is not helping the situation at all and thats that stock pieace of crap trigger that comes on the DPMS, so right there alone is probably 1/2 inch of your problem...I put a Rock River National Match trigger in mine and let me tell ya, It was a big difference....Keep that rifle and when you get some extra money put you a good mount on it and then get you another trigger and some good ammo....It will be a different animal, I promise!!! Hang in there buddy!!!
wink.gif

Chad

its not 3 round or fully i dont have a class 3 ffl

its semi im not emptying the clip i said in an earlier post im not shooting fast at all

anyway

Originally Posted By: eneranch somehow I think something is not right behind the scope.
lol.gif

DING DING DING......We have a winner! And a dead-on peg, to boot.....

yeha ok its behind the behind the barrel

i dont know how to shoot a gun

i came here for help not to be criticized

anyway if the gun is shooting like that for 2 shooters yeap its behind the scope

so im sure yall have had fun ill take my issues elsewhere

Maybe ask for a guy named '2muchgun' over there. If he's over there he'll plumb ya right up. He ain't like the rest of those snooty-build'em guys.....

Ok for the love of god they are called MAGS not "clips"
Sorry that just bugs the crap out of me! Kinda like the people that call them Assault Rifles!
cursing.gif

Are you right or left handed? And honestly how good can you shoot a bolt action? I find it hard to belive that if you can one hole shots with a bolt action none the less with a .22 and your having this much trouble with your AR.

And don't take it to heart what some guys say on here alot of it is just for fun! Also buy some good ammo and stop blaming the rifle for not shooting the second cheapest ammo into .5 MOA. Well unless your bolt gun can do it then sell the AR I will send you $300 right now for it!
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CD82nope thye think you should spend 1 to 2k on building one or it wont shoot right anyway

And then again, maybe those snoots are right. With YOUR travails, and all......

well im setting here typing to yall and telling you what the gun is doing.

if you want to think otherwise do so but not only is it doing it for me but someone else also. he said the inch an half groups prob as good as it will get with the barrel. and ammo

ive got a savage mark 2 22 i can one hole a target at 75 yards i can also shoot a bird off a branch at 75 yards with the same gun

ok there mags my mistake im only human excuse me now like i said ill go elsewhere and it wont be ar15.com

i guess ive became a bother to yall so im out have fun pokin fun and making a mockery out of people

Heck man stick around, it will get better! Just do a few things that were suggested and you might be supprised.. lot of good help here!

not everyone can afford the best to start with so do what you can and have fun at it and learn...

What do you want us to tell you????? Yes it's the rifle and you should send it back??

Their are too many AR shooters on this forum to know they shoot better then what you are saying. Again it's a new rifle and you will need some rounds down the tube before it starts to settle down. Then you need to buy some good ammo and take that dam base off and see what it does and if you still don't like it sell it!

And by the way this is a great forum alot guys are just jumpy because they have to work in the morning!
grin.gif
It's all in fun don't take it too serious.

Last edited:
Back