Range Report Help!! asap

+1 on pos riser JMO too, like putting a step ladder on top a chair.lol. Burris and a few others make a mount with the required height plus move the scope forward but they start at $80 and go up.I just mounted a super cheap bucksilver 3-9 on a Bushmaster .223 using some super cheap an flimsey rings and that set up with reloads shoots .375 center to center 3rnds at 100 yards, just mentioning you should be able to make it shoot on the cheap, I just wouldnt trust it to hold up very well. It is my Brother-in-Laws and he couldnt afford anything at the moment so I threw what I had in the junk drawer on it.

Where is 2muchgun when you need him??? He would straighten this thread out real quick!!!
lol.gif

the burris mount looks nice i cant swing that price right now.

well thanks for trying to help me figure out my problems ill leve out

I really like my A.R.M.S high rings. My scope is a 30 mm, and that is the only way they come. But, you can get bushings to go from 30 mm to 1". However, if you don't like to spend $40 on rings, them you won't want these. They are pretty spendy. I think a Burris PEPR would be worth a look.

kevlars

Originally Posted By: reddog964Wish I would of went to Church! instead I went to the Range..

I did that before I went to church Kevin....
tt2.gif

Quote:...he says the lst 5 shots that i shot were an inch and a half apart.

At 100 yards? That's about as good a group as you'll get with UMC FMJ in most rifles.

It's fine for getting a rough zero, though.

Zero about 2 inches high at 100, then go get some better ammo and see what you can do.

Buy a Burris PEPR mount, if you're going to keep the AR it's a small investment.

it shouldnt keep walking up and to the the right

and when i can afford that 70$ mount i might buy one

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chad WalkOriginally Posted By: reddog964Wish I would of went to Church! instead I went to the Range..

I did that before I went to church Kevin....
tt2.gif

I was going too But I was having too much Fun... So I was late and Missed out!

theres a bunch of good advice to consider and several good laughs here as well CD82,be sure to keep us posted. good night all.

Ya see, this is what happens when everybody and their brothers are shooting those 1/4" groups all day long. Me and Mr. CD82 feel bad cause we can only shoot 1 1/2" groups.

It ain't fair I'm tellin ya. Not fair at all.

Originally Posted By: CD82it shouldnt keep walking up and to the the right

and when i can afford that 70$ mount i might buy one

It very well could and probably would if you're resting the barrel on the bags. Bad technique there.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesYa see, this is what happens when everybody and their brothers are shooting those 1/4" groups all day long. Me and Mr. CD82 feel bad cause we can only shoot 1 1/2" groups.

Larry that picture of that group I posted was what my 7 year old son shot...
lol.gif

I think I need to get him to work with me a little bit on my technique!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Chad WalkOriginally Posted By: doggin coyotesYa see, this is what happens when everybody and their brothers are shooting those 1/4" groups all day long. Me and Mr. CD82 feel bad cause we can only shoot 1 1/2" groups.

Larry that picture of that group I posted was what my 7 year old son shot...
lol.gif

I think I need to get him to work with me a little bit on my technique!
laugh.gif

Im right there with ya....

Chad

Back